1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier/Gay trade revisited after 1 game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

I think you misinterpreted what I meant by rebound.

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I think I have sad all I need to say about this trade.

The only remedy is that we win a championship during Shane's tenure here. The pain is still there [even through all the good work Shane did in WBC and preseason]. I have t live with it now - everyone has a cross they must carry as a fan and I am sure I will ever get over this for many reasons.

I admire some of you simpletons - for at imes like this being a simpleton or a little less intelligent than the average man is what you need to overcome the terrible feeling.

[Back to the state of denial I go. Rudy Gay will be a bust in the NBA...I hope....]

3. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

not as good as AI efficient. 35 shots. :p

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, and marbury and francis both fouled out, that's like 60million dollars fouling out.

what would Rudy Gay do in our system? take 21 shots? miss free throws (yes).

I actually liked that Lowry dude, he was great. That was a smooth Jerry West pick up.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout 6 rebounds and 4 blocked shots. with his long reach, he could have at least altered some shots last night..

you admit that west's 24th pick was smooth, but don't want to give him credit for his 8th pick?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

im basing my observation on ONE GAME. Lowry was critical in that GAME he made tons of IMPORTANT plays.

you know Tony Delk scored 50 points in one game, im not going to call him Kobe Bryant.

Rudy Gay, was he really impressive? in that game, he played well, but not spectacular.

7. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Eh no, but never mind.

8. WNBA

WNBA Member

Please be optimistic!

We will get another lottery pick next year and it will be higher than 8th pick.
    Book it!
    Also, JVG will be gone that time.

The season is too long. I already miss the offseason , cannot wait for the next summer!

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Yeah thanks for reminding us what immediately follows an NBA season.

10. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I needed a good chuckle. Thanks! :)

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

what are the odds of the one "wn-" poster pwning presumably the only other "wn-" poster in consecutive posts?

12. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Small, but halarious.

13. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

About the same as Democrats overtaking both chambers of the Congress less than a week from now?

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

i dont really care if he scored 21 pts, his shooting % is below 40% so yeah...plus its ONE GAME, a games performance does not predict a season, the end.

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

True... except that this ONE GAME is coincidentally his first game in the NBA. Usually, players get better after their first game, not worse. No matter how you slice it, it's an encouraging start for Gay.

Look at it this way..if Gay had that exact same game in a Rockets uniform, right now this very second, we'd have a 10-page thread about how exciting he is, and how we'll soon have a third All-Star alongside Yao and T-Mac. And that's what makes this so sickening.

16. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I was gonna start the exact same thread but u beat me to it..
    I think West actually made the rockets his B!&*^ ..
    I actually like Battier but he played like a r****d yesterday and I dont see him contributing much to the team.. he doesn't seem t fit in the system and he was absolutely NOTHING on offense.. plus, he got killed on defense too...

17. compucomp

compucomp Member

The same people who whine about T-Mac ballhogging and jacking up bricks are now saying that the Rockets should have Gay. Now what? You want TWO low-percentage shooters taking 20+ shots each? Sheesh, if that happens they should just trade Yao to someone who will actually use his talents instead of having him stand there like a stiff.

18. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

By george, you've got it.

Let's tank the season one game into it for an inknown commidity. Very Smart.

19. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

good one. that made me laugh.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

And yet, somehow, the Rockets were +8 with him on the floor. Weird how he has that effect ...