1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier for Lewis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ooliverb1, Jun 2, 2007.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Orlando and Charlotte are not in the Western Conference. The only way he walks for nothing and winds up in the West is if he signs for the MLE. And if he is going to sign for the MLE somewhere in the West, the only place that would make any sense at all would be here. Everybody is over the cap. There is nobody in the West that can sign him for more than the MLE. Who is going to be able to sign Rashard and throw half his salary to Orlando or Charlotte and get them to take it?

2. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Lewis, Steve Francis, etc. Those guys really bring in talent to the team. As of right now there is only a MLE and the 26 pick in the draft. That means if the Rockets can get creative, they could help their cause.

But, geez the West Keeps getting stronger and stronger (That's if Francis comes back to the Rockets). Now Portland and Seattle are going to add franchise players. West Keeps getting stronger and stronger.

But, in all fairness they do have Lebron James. Do you guys think that the NBA is going to stat billing this as the Star Wars fo the NBA. There is poor Lebron James fighting for the East against the Evil Empire "The Western Conferences Powerhouses"?

It's the off season, I have a right to ramble on an on :D

But WoW!!!

Yao
    Diaw - someone brought him up saying Phoenix is shopping him
    Lewis - Per Clutch, heavy talks about him
    McGrady
    Francis - A potential that New York waives him, Awsome!!!

That would be a nice line up!!! Plenty of fire power!

Go Rockets!

3. DaRhx5

DaRhx5 Member

shane battier for wilcox? are u kidding me? thats got to be the worst trade scenario. We already have Yao, Battier is a much better use to us than wilcox at this point. BUt boy do i hope we get rashard and even mike james would do no harm. These guys could really flow in Adelman's coaching.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

According to Jonathan Feigan, the Rockets managment people he spoke to laughed off the Battier for Wilcox rumor.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Any news about Juwan for Mike James?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Thank god.

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Let me know when you wake up.

8. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Well....

There goes the defensive mindset.

9. wingz0

wingz0 Member

That team would score 110+ a game, but also give up something like 120 a game. Plus, Yao'd foul out in 32-35min without anyone who plays a lick of help defense other than McGrady if and when he feels like it.

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Well there goes Battier's Chinese shoe contract. Poof! Up in Smoke

11. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Since Shane has been wanting to end his career with the Pistons, we can use him to get Billups :)..

12. langal

langal Contributing Member

I hope the Rox push the potential of a lucrative Chinese shoe contract on Rashard.

Undoubtedly he is a more marketable player than Shane.

Tmac, Yao, and Rashard would be quite a 3-headed monster.

Don't know much about Rashard except he's a 6-9 small forward with great looking stats. Can anyone fill me in on some of the intangibles? Does he have a post game?

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

With a large (albeit bizarre) footprint. :D

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Which would also leave us with plenty of cap space to sign either LeBron, Wade or Bosh when they can opt out and become unrestricted from agents 3 summers from now. Think one of them might like to sign a max contract to play with Yao and Lewis?

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The JVG experiment with Battier as Power Forward was a failure! :p

16. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Yeah...I really don't know much about his game either. All I can remember him doing is hitting 3's.

17. bbjai

bbjai Member

he can drive
    i know that seen some highlights of him doing that
    he can post too but i don't know if thats only on sf

18. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

i love shane...but how can yo upass up on either lewis or wilcox...definitely do either one of those.....
    we'll miss you shane... :(

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Easy, you say no thank you. Shane is a force to be wreckoned with, and while he may not be a viable 3rd option, he can be a great 4th option. All we need a PG, maybe a stronger pf, but I think trading components is not necessary for this team.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

it depends on battier's trade value. if battier+filler can get something like crawford+lee. well, it's bye shane.

then again, if he's morey's pet player he's not going.