1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman: The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Jul 18, 2008.

1. hubie_30

hubie_30 Member

i was watching a movie review show and the hosts said it was the best movie of the decade

2. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Great film, and that nurse scene was one of the most memorable in a movie that I can recall.

The fact that it was all in one take was just incredible...real explosions, one shot to do it.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

insane number...

screw Spidey 3, DK deserves this record, I didn't it was going to be that high, but looks like its going to be, I think it'll hit $160-170 range, if it wasn't for Imax, I would think more people would be seeing it this weekend, as oppose to waiting till the IMax theaters has another showing, which will probably not be till Monday. I'm curious how many IMax screens are there, in Houston there is just the Marquee as far as I know.

4. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

You guys are hyping up a movie like crazy, AGAIN.

That is kind of tradtion of clutchfans movie review. So what is new?

Now I feel like I have to go to theather to check it out, which probably will end it up walking out of the theather and disappointed. :eek:

5. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Just got back.

GREAT MOVIE!

6. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

There is one in Tomball, too. Houston is the only metro area in Texas with two of them.

7. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

If you are disappointed with The Dark Knight, then you have no soul. ;)

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

My gf just came back from a showing with her friends. All she had to say was "OH EM GEE" I dunno what the hell that means. Is that "OMG IT SUCKED!" or "OMG BALE WAS CUTE" or something else. She said it was creepy tho. That's all I got. I'll probably see it during the week or next weekend cus it's all sold out where I'm at.

9. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Just came home from watching it. I walked out of the theater speechless. The acting
    (Maggie Gylenhaal wasn't bad. She got better towards the end, especially her death scene
    , dialogue, directing, everything was 11/10. This very well could be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, movies I've seen (to be honest, I can't even think of a movie that could be better than TDK right now, I'm just in awe).

The bar is set so high for #3 but I have no doubt that Nolan will exceed it. This film is the definition of epic.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Do whatever the hell you want to do, but don't act like were all a bunch of mindless drones following the latest trend while you are above it all.

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

what the hell...? those trailers in the other thread didn't impress me at all... must've been a hell of a poor selection..

it can't possibly be this good.. if only someone had something bad to say about it.. I'm starting to get enthused about the film again.. this is terrible..

it better be damn good.. :eek:

12. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Go see it tomorrow. You will turn into one of us. ;)

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

im speechless. rupuret wasn't kidding about this deserving serious consideration for a best picture nominee

14. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

It is "damn good." Easily the most "damn good" movie I can recall seeing. Now quit b****ing and go watch it.

Some of you might remember the thread re: the impact The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring had on this forum. TDK is easily like that, if not better and more deserving.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am seeing it AGAIN tomorrow afternoon at the IMAX. Can't wait (again). I NEVER watch movies twice this close. Never. But I cant wait. I am more excited for tomorrow than I was originally.

16. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

+1

As soon as I was done basking in the awesomeness afterwards, my first thought was, "I have to come back and watch it again!"

17. NateNate

NateNate Member

just got back........ i loved the movie, didnt even seem like it was 2 1/2 hours long...hated the people being stupid while the movie was on though...anyone know where i can go to watch movies with "adults" (im 23 btw)

18. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

Bruce Wayne wanted what Harvey dent has, that is Rachel Dawes... Because of Bruce's Ego and wanting to take everything, the Joker sees that and took advantage of everything...

19. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

I went to watch it at the Imax thinking it would be in 3D, but wasn't... The sound was kickass though...

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Great freaking movie....I can't say enough good things about it. But I'll say some.

It's Empire Strikes Back

The sequel that exceeds the original. It seemed to me Empire was the model here, frankly. The dark ending leaving you waiting for the 3rd movie. Very little hope. Somebody please tell me what to expect for the 3rd movie!! Who would be its villains? Any speculation?

It's Die Hard

Those of you who know how I feel about Die Hard know how reluctant I would be to say this. So it's super-high praise coming from me. I think Die Hard is the greatest action film of all time with no clear second. This movie reminds me of it in that the script is so tight and purposeful...the acting so believeable. When I left the theater after seeing Die Hard I remember feeling slightly disappointed because I thought I would never see a movie that good again....I felt the same way leaving this movie. And after both I couldn't wait to get back to see it again. Count me among those who will absolutely pay to see this movie a 2nd time.

It's The Shining

I can't think of another evil and twisted performance more riveting than Nicholson's in The Shining...until now. Ledger was beyond brilliant.

Messianic Metaphor

Yeah, I'm the Jesus freak who looks for this in film...but his decision to literally "take on the sins" of Dent at the end gave me goose bumps. I found that to be deeply powerful. This incorruptible soul struggling with what that means in the context of a very messy world. Wow.