1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman: The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Dude, it's Batman. There's not a whole whole lot to piece together...

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Chris Nolan and Christian Bale have both said they're not even thinking about Robin. Even if they did, they wouldn't have Gordon's son become Robin.

Two-Face didn't kill Robin's family in the comics, that was Batman Forever. Robin's family died because of a mob guy named Tony Zucco

3. twoface723

twoface723 Member

:eek: I went to the midnight showing yesterday and was blown away.It exceeded my expectations. It's by far the best comic book film of all time ,but it didn't feel like a comic book film.It was crime epic. I'm not ashamed to say it, I think this may be the greatest film I've ever seen....

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Put it this way. For a while i thought she was playing clayface, the way her face droops.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

this movie blew me away
    i went to the midnight showing and i wow i just so amazed by everything
    heath ledger was so amazing, his performance :eek:

6. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Your right, what I said sounds stupid if what you say is true. I am not familiar at all with the comics... it was just a pure guess.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

NOooOOo Robin! If they jump him right to Nightwing (or whatever his name is) then that may semi-work. But Batman doesn't need Robin.

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

yea batman has his own problems he doesnt need to add on some kids problems on top of that too.

to quote batman in the end of the first scene. "i dont need you"

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

This is one of my concerns. I've tried to find the first one interesting, but I've found it BORING and have slept through most of the "training" up in the mountains... it was BORING. Please tell me "Dark Knight" isn't going to be as boring. :(

This is a complaint of mine as well. That questioning scene with the drug guys was just too corny.

Is it the case in this one? I hope not. I will see it just because all of you have NO COMPLAINTS.

Is there anything you did NOT like of this movie? :confused: I find it weird that it's too "perfect."

10. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

I've heard of Johnny Depp playing the Joker if the Joker is in the next Batman movie.

11. garrinr

garrinr Member

no way! no actor is touching this role with a 10 foot pole

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Tons more exciting than the first. There is significant dialogue and plot (not just action scene after action scene), but I would say a fair comparison (in terms of pace) would be The Departed, with more action scenes inserted.

Evan

13. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

really!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Obviously, but someone has to play the part.

Really sucks about Heath Ledger though. :(

15. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Maggie Gyllenhal is ugly-hot, it's hard to explain. She's okay for the role, and there's not too much or too little of her in the film anyway.

They CAN'T replace Ledger as the Joker, anything else will be a cheap imitation or will stray so much from this version that they might as well not do it.

16. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Haha I completely agree! The entire movie I was thinking to myself, "When is he going to stop sounding so ridiculous?" He sounds like a chain smoker after running a half marathon.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Got a 10ft pole in my pants after those Magg Gyl pics.

not

18. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Great flick except for Bale's Batman voice. I chuckled a few times inappropriately. Rarrrr!

I wish the Joker had more screen time. When he was on he stole the show. Would he qualify for best actor or would he be relegated to Supporting. Maybe I'm just greedy and wanted more of a good thing.

It's such a great character to work with. Who else in cinema compares? As great as Heath was, there's somebody out there who could make it the same realm of interesting. Off the top of my head, I agree that Depp could do it if anyone could.

Since the series is sticking to wonderful darkness, I wonder if they'll be limited as far as villain selection. The Riddler and Penguin seem a bit silly, but then what was the Joker?

Anyone seen the 6 animated eps yet they released alongside the movie? I feel like going and picking that up. The ones done for the Matrix were better than the actual movie. I can't imagine the same being true in this case!

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is doing that on purpose so others can't recognize who he is..........
    Part of the costume, its supposed to be over the top........

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

this movie did not suck.

the only thing that did suck was the emergency alarm going off 5 minutes into the movie. we were almost out of the theater when they said it was a false alarm and we could go back in. and for the first 40 minutes, i was starting to wonder if it was going to disappoint, and then for about the last 2 hours it just started kicking ass and didn't stop.

and ledger's role was everything the trailer made it out to be. he was the scene every time he was on camera. they were able to perfectly throw in humor while still making him as sadistic as any villain could be.

#60 francis 4 prez, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008