1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman: The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Jul 18, 2008.

1. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

goosebumps... :D
    and to think I forgot about that part because there was so many others.

2. saviorlh

saviorlh Member

man one of the best movies I have ever seen....it was really really awesome :)

3. saviorlh

saviorlh Member

from begining to end...it was awesome!....10 out of 5 stars :D

4. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I didn't really get the purpose of that, why was he included?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

probably more of a tie-in to the first film?
    to show that he was rehabilitated?

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I watched it at midnight. (Actually a few minutes before, because we lucked into the special "employees only" screening, and the kids that run the place started early.) I thought it was incredible. All the build-up was worth it. Ledger's performance was legendary, and
    Two-face's
    was also awesome. It's definitely the best superhero movie ever made, and the Joker is one of the best villains ever.
    I agree with pencil trick. It tripped me out. I've never heard a theater laugh so uneasily.[/spoiler.

The effects and sound were awesome. Even if you don't normally see movies in the theater, I'd go see this one.

7. rusHour

Im not surprised that not one person has yet to say anything bad... People need to get more interested in this thread and go see this movie. My wife is going again with co-workers today...

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think Christian Bale over-does the Batman voice in both movies. That is literally my only complaint.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would watch it over and over again.

Its a masterpiece.

First 4000 votes on imdb.... 9.7/10... #4 all time.

:eek:

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I got that part of it but
    i didn't understand why it deserved its own scene with the scarecrow actually in it. They could have just mentioned it in passing if they weren't going to use him later on in the movie. If they don't use him in a future film then i will be even more confused.

I also agree with the voice thing, there's way too much of a contrast between his regular voice and that one but their also trying to make him "darker" so i wouldn't put that all on him.
    The shaky camera fight scenes
    are probably my only real problem with this movie and i still understand the reasoning behind that.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Caught the 6am IMAX.

Awesome. I was hyped for it, and left even more excited about it. They finally got the Joker right. Homicidal maniac, not a pun-addled bank robber obsessed with over-sized hammers.

EASILY the best Batman.

Regarding spoiler material:
    I think we saw Robin (Jim Gordon Jr) getting set up
    I liked the Scarecrow; a nice cameo - helped the Rouges Gallery effect
    Two Face was perfectly put together, building into it and then visually. Stunned that they didn't earmark him for the third movie

I'm hoping and praying for a uncut/unrated DVD from this. Dark night is an R movie carefully edited to be PG-13.

Sucks that Ledger is gone.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

IBTL...oh wait...

I'lll probably see this during the week as I'll wait for the hype to die down...I can't wait...

13. rusHour

I thought the same thing especially after talking to my wife on the way home. She told me in the original Two-Face kills Robins parents, therefore, giving Robin a reason to do what Batman does. SO, in the new movie, Two-Face has a problem with Gordon and maybe kills him and his wife, spares the kid to chance again in the 3rd movie. Robin is born. We might be on to something... There HAS TO BE a Robin coming.

Lets just hope they dont bring back Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy... :rolleyes:
    Did I say this was a great movie yet? :D

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I haven't seen it yet, will tomorrow. But if it does deserve the praise it's been getting it would be an absolute shame and sham if it didn't get recognized for some awards come Oscar time just because it's a comic-book movie and just because Ledge is gone. If it's truly deserving, the Academy needs to take their stuck up noses out of each others butts long enough to reward some excellent film making.

Also, TBS was having a Batman marathon last night; I was watching Batman and Robin and Forever...those were bad before (Forever was actually palatable back in the day at least) but are so comparatively horrid to Begins it's incredible. How the hell did Schumacher screw up the franchise that bad?!? And Batman and Robin is the absolute perfect bad movie to watch with friends...and makes for a good drinking game too (take a shot every time Arnie spouts out one of his lame one-liners...which is about every other sentence.)

15. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Movie was great. great acting, great cast except for Maggie Gyllenhaal. I did not enjoy her that much.

Man the theater at Edwards i was in was so hot. The last hour I was sweating and so was all my friends.

16. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

They may have filmed the Hong Kong scenes over there, but almost all of the movie was based in Chicago. And they did a beautiful job....you can recognize every street if you're from here. I loved this movie seeing it last night at midnight. This morning....I love it more.

17. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

"Dark Knight" debut seen topping $100 million
    Thursday July 17 4:49 PM ET

Batman movie "The Dark Knight" should soar into the box office stratosphere with its U.S. debut in a record number of theaters on Friday that could propel it past the $100 million mark on its opening weekend, industry watchers said.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Holmes: easy on the eyes, but an acting trainwreck.
    Maggie: hit with the ugly stick, but decent acting talent in the least.

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Ugly stick? really?

20. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

It's been a while since I saw Batman Begins in theater and I don't remember much from it cus I went with my gf. With that said, is this movie the kind where you have to know what happened in the first movie? Because that would really suck.