1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman Begins sequel gets an official name, Ledger confirmed for the Joker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Yeah, according to Batman-on-film.com , the Penguin will be in this one, not as a major player though, but he'll be more like the comic book version. Don't expect to see Burgess Merideth with the weird penguin squak or Danny Devito eating raw fish. He'll be a sophisticated british arms dealer/mob boss. The rumor is that Phillip Seymour Hoffman was already offered the role but he may have already turned it down.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Member

1.Having a Batman series without the Joker is, I'm pretty sure, a crime in most states.

2. They did give the franchise a rest. Thankfully, killing that Neon Bats crap. And it has been rejuvenated, which is finally why we got a good Batman.

3. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Member

Why doesn't Batman dance anymore? Remember the Bat-tuzi...
    [​IMG]

And this pic is just weird...

[​IMG]

:eek: Maybe that's what they're hoping for with Heath Ledger...sorry, far too easy...

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

and that was actually a pretty good movie. "what's her name" that was drunk at the party dancing on the table to biggie's "hypnotize" and hit her head on the chandelier (sp?)... kinda lame, but still one of my fav scenes in a movie. kinda hot.

5. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I agree. I hope this movie will be like the comic The Killing Joke.I think Jack Nicholson did a good job as Joker but I want this movie to go another route with the character and make the story more dark.

6. London'sBurning

Heath Ledger has a huge smile so I guess that'd fit the Joke theme. Seriously have you seen him smile? I mean I've heard the expression of grinning from ear to ear, but that man really grins from ear to ear.

7. cheshire

cheshire Member

More emphasis on character, story and plot development, the better.

Batman Begins was in the right direction in comparison to the previous films.

I still think the Batman movie starring Michael Keaton, Kim Bassinger and Jack Nicholson is still the best.

8. g1184

g1184 Member

You're both right, but you know Batman and Batman Returns were already good - classics even - but everything after that sucked. They should remake the crappy ones if they're dead set on re-hashing the same stories. Also, I know you want to see Meg Ryan in a Catwoman uniform. ;)

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Heath Ledger has managed to surprise before.

Look where he started---forgettable teen films---and look where he's arrived: Academy Award nominations (and might have won, too, if not for Hoffman's unbelievable turn in Capote).

He'll do a good job.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Member

You do know Scarecrow was the villan in Batman Begins right?

11. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

along with rhaz al ghul. What movie was he watching?? :confused:

12. crimson_rocket

Don't be surprised if more and more comic books are milked into movies. All these producers are trying to make easy money. With comic books, there's already a fan base and storylines. It's guaranteed bucks. What did you did expect from the studios? Creative writing and character developments on their own? Ha!

13. Austin70

Austin70 Member

BrokeBat Mountain.

14. g1184

g1184 Member

and poison ivy and bane were in Batman and Robin ... i just didn't feel like typing out the entire phrase anymore. The point is all the major villian characters are done, so i'm not too hyped about seeing them again.

15. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Member

Since the subject of other comic movies has come up, I have to throw V for Vendetta out there. I watched it again on DVD last night and man did I LOVE this movie. It is FANTASTIC!

16. mrpaige

mrpaige Member

Of course, when even the high-profile Superman movie ends up losing $100 million or so (and that's counting the probable DVD sales), the phrase "easy money" loses a bit of its luster.

17. lpbman

lpbman Member

Not to mention turds like Elektra, Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade Trinity etc. etc.

The movie studios have to bring something to the table other than names they recognize. It's not like voting, people pay attention to money.

18. g1184

g1184 Member

I liked Punisher and Blade Trinity ... does that make me wierd?

19. MadMax

MadMax Member

really??? is that what's happening???

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

If you liked Punisher, you are indeed weird. I read a few of those comics in my comic years, and I always enjoyed them. The movie was just plain crap. Thomas Jane is NOT a good choice for The Punisher. But, each to his own.