1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman Begins sequel gets an official name, Ledger confirmed for the Joker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Aug 1, 2006.

1. A-Train

A-Train Member

Come on...I can't believe they left out Ten Things I Hate About You...

Oh, and isn't AC Green supposed to star in the sequel to The 40 Year Old Virgin?

2. University Blue

Not me, I love the whole superhero movie thing. I can't wait to see "Zoom."

The Wonder Woman series should be good, too.

They should do a Justice League movie.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He was my favorite Marvel superhero growing up. Tony Stark could be a very intriguing character if they do it right, just like Peter Parker.

IMO the Fantastic Four would be one of the hardest to translate into a good movie because there are too many characters to develop at a time, plus they are basically a boring superhero group. I didn't think the first movie was very good. Unless they laser in on one or two of them next time and have a better plot, the 2nd movie will also be mediocre.

4. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

cant wait for this movie...batman begins is by far my favorite superhero movie...

i really didnt think bale's deep voice would cut it in the previews, but he pulled it off really well...

it was first rumored that the guy that played agent smith in the matrix and head elf of LoTR series was going to play the joker, but i guess they went another way...also heard joker wasnt that big of a villian, just building him up for the third one...

they better not put robin in the films for a while, cause that killed the other batman movies in the 80s and 90s...

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

I just naturally assumed the film would be called Batman: The Dark Knight. It doesn't make sense to leave out the Batman in the title from a branding perspective.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

WRONG! Name one SINGLE superhero who deserves his own movie more than Guy Gardner!

[​IMG]

I don't recall War Machine ever LEADING the Justice League.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Yep it's not like they ever made a successful franchise out of a large superhero group like the X-Men or something.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

My thoughts on the "Jeeze, what comics aren't being made into movies talk." I agree, but Iron Man doesn't fall under that category. There are some flagships that must be made into movies. The X-Men, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, etc are icons. An example of a property that doesn't need to be made into a movie, IMHO, is something like the Doom Patrol (from DC) which was very similar to the X-Men and even had a bald headed wheel chair bound leader. I don't know when it's coming out, but it's being made. . .

Then again, I had only heard of Blade when he showed up on some episodes of Spiderman in the 90s, the first movie was pretty good IMHO, so what do I know.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Very true, I think most believe that the first Blade is what started the onslaught of serious superhero movies

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hugo Weaving would be a better choice for the Riddler.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Yeah I heard 2 face is going to be the main villian is the 2nd one

12. g1184

g1184 Member

ziiing!

anway,

Batman Begins was cool because it gave you what the other movies didn't give you - a new villian and the story between childhood and batman-hood (?) that the very first batman skipped.

Dark Knight is re-hashing old news. Joker? Already got that. Two Face? lame. catwoman is done, riddler is done, penguin is done, victor freeze is done - scarecrow, rhaz al ghul, poison ivy, Bane. <sigh> Maybe they can do a feel good movie where batman marries catwoman and recount the wacky adventures that lead to such an event. Like a batman romantic comedy.

or maybe it's time to give the franchise a rest.

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

yes!!! cast meg ryan, right away!!

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Tom Hanks would be a good Bruce Wayne.

15. moligity

moligity Member

Damn, I lost a bet -- I was sure Joe Randa would get the Joker.

16. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I can't wait for this movie. I loved the first one. I don't know about Ledger as the Joker but Christopher Nolan is a great director so I trust him to make another amazing Batman film like Batman Begins. I also heard Penguin was going to be a villian in this movie.

17. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Member

Hopefully Nolan will stay true to the original character of the Joker, who was a serial killer originally. I'm not sure about 'Brokeback' Joker, Ledger is a good actor, but I'm sure it will be a great movie.

18. vj23k

vj23k Member

Emm, wrong.

Batman Begins was cool because it wasn't some huge over-the-top cartoon with terrible acting and dialog. Batman Begins was cool because Bale was incredibly believable as the introspective loner that is Batman. Batman Begins was cool because it had a great script and focused on the right aspects of the story.

The other series sucked because the movies all sucked individually. Had nothing to do with originality or anything.

19. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Member

I'm also really looking foward to this movie. Batman Begins was one of the few bright spots at the theater last year. Other than Hustle & Flow, I can't think of another movie from last summer that I even enjoyed.

20. subtomic

subtomic Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I'm the only one who found Batman Begins preachy and boring (and I'm a huge fan of the more serious Batman titles like The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke). As I've mentioned before, Nolan wasted too much time making references to Batman: Year One rather than concentrating on his own story. Those references were a pointless, fan-pandering diversion.