1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Basketbawful] For Some People, Winning 22 in a Row Just isn't Enough.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blue Brick, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

From one of my fav basketball blogs, he usually takes on a more satirical view of the game. But this latest piece argues the case for the Rockets really well, I think.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

you need a link

3. kwng

kwng Member

Great article and solid arguments. Well, I hope we'll win it all and show them
    who we are.

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

Yeah you need the link but it's all good I will continue to pretend there are media people out there who will write positively about the Rockets. ;)

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I get sick of the easy schedule complaints. I mean it would be hard to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 22 straight times.

6. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

7. mic

mic Member

Exactly. And I like how most of the fans (of other teams) that make that argument support teams who have lost to the supposed "easy" teams we've beaten on our streak. People keep predicting that we'll lose. Newsflash: That doesn't exactly make you a genius. Of course you're going to be right eventually. Some people will always discount the Rockets. Even if we won the Championship, they'd still be naysayers. No one wants to give credit where credit is due. That's fine with me. Bring it. It just makes it all the more worthwhile when the Rockets prove them wrong, time and time again.

8. cujo

cujo Member

Excellent article!

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

It totally boggles my mind. Seriously, this is the NBA, not college football. Don't all teams in the Western Conference basically have the same schedule?

I truly don't get this argument.

And who says a team MUST have an All-Star big man to win a championship? I think the suns wouldn't have won the whole thing last year, if not for the playoff suspensions.

10. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Member

Wow, I loved that article.

I read basketbawful on a daily basis... just because I find it funny because it points out and analyzes EVERYTHING negative going on in the NBA.

But... here we are... they have ONE positive article... and its about the Rockets. Awesome... just awesome

11. across110thstreet

Lakers couldn't beat Hawks, Kings, or Trailblazers.
    The Rockets beat all of them, including the Lakers.

What's to discuss?

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

^^^^
    I like this quote.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Punk the naysayers cause they don't mean a thing,
    this is what style we bring !

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZDw2xDDF2U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZDw2xDDF2U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

DD

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Boom. There it is...

15. plee

plee Member

Heck 7 out of 10 would be acceptable (.700)

16. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think the REAL reason people don't give Houston's FULL credit is the absent of Yao. They want to see a dominant team getting those streaks and automatic discredit those that aren't. If this streak include Yao in the game, they would be more than impress...in fact they will automatic label Houston as the team to BEAT for the Championship. Even though i am fan, i tend to agree...it is true that this streak is bitter sweet. On the one hand, you go...oh that's freaking awesome but on the other, you know they are not going anywhere in the Playoffs and opponents knows it too. When i said "not going anywhere," i meant not contending for the Championship....so even if they advance pass the first round or 2nd round, it it not enough and will be defeated...so in a sense it is bitter sweet. I do not believe in moral victories and passing the first round is not consider success until you're favor to win the Championship. And this is bitter sweet because everyone knows that with Yao in the team, they're favor to win it all.

17. Water Boy

Water Boy Member

Very insightful article with solid arguments.

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

you newer Rocket fans are just having a small taste of what hate the 90s Rockets 'used to get...And that team won 2 championships!

Lakers-well the didn't have Gasol ....

early 90s Rockets- well, Jordan wasn't in shape when they lost to the Magic..

but but but but but but but
    what if what if what if what if

I want you to absorb all this hate and some of you newbs will learn what it is to be a Rockets fan

but Dirk didn't play
    but Jordan didn't..

What goes around comes around!

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Beating the Lakers, we also now have a new counter-argument: no other team in the western conference has beat as many teams as the Rockets have all season, period. Even if the schedule during the streak was a little soft, our schedule since the beginning of the season was not soft and we still have a better record than everyone else.

20. bbjai

bbjai Member

I think we should post this article for all the Lakers Homers out there so they can come up with pathetic excuses to defend the Fakers