1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

basketball leagues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac640, May 12, 2005.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Just find a place that says visitor parking.

The place I parked at, you needed a debit/credit card. We played from 11am to i want to say 1:30 pm. And I paid seven freaking bucks. It was well worth it though.

I had fun. I favor full court, but I am glad we didnt play full court. All I remember is that my feet was on fire all day. It was like playing basketball one level above hell.

There was good talent there. I was impressed with the talent in fact.

I remember this one play where I was at the top of the key near the three doing nothing, and OmegaSupreme was guarding Rockets Red Glare, and he swatted that shot all the way back to me. That ball flew to my head, and I was shocked at how far, and quickly it got to me.

I missed a bunch of layups like usual. I blocked a few shots. I think I was the second smallest guy on the court.

When I got in my truck, I started sweating alot. That was weird. I had my AC on, and my windows down.

When I got home, i watched a little tele, and then took a shower.

What I am happy about the most is that my body isnt tired. My muscles are not sore. I could play again right now.

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Anyone sun burnt??? I'm crispy fried right now.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yup i had a nice tan on my face and arms and back..basically anywhere that was exposed lol

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Yeah I got a nice little sun burn going my self! I did not feel it until later in the evening.

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yeah you got me a couple of times. :D

i'm "krispyfied" too... ten shades darker or something. skin on my face is kinda peeling. it was worth me not getting out of the habit of hooping. i hadn't been prior to that in several weeks.

about the parking. the entrance off of main... well... that entrance road has parking on the side for the dorms, but i parked, looked to see if any stickers or tags were hanging from their rearviews... saw nothing, so i parked there. no ticket when i got back. not sure if you want to do this though.

6. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I had the fortune of applying sunscreen before leaving my place, but did not think to bring any water. Pretty sure that I would still be out of it if not for the Gatorades and waters provided by Mike. :)

7. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Thanks for the great games guys. Next time I'll be sure to get there on time.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

has the second team been formed yet?

i think i might be able to play.

9. OmegaSupreme

bump...

another practice session to get ready for the league? :confused:

10. BiGGieStuFF

I'm working on it. Will send you guys an email.

11. BiGGieStuFF

Hey guys,

Just want to give you guys a heads up. Been trying to get something scheduled as far as another practice for possibly saturday. Marion Community Center has been a bit tough to contact but the information I'm getting from them is that we can reserve the Indoor Gymnasium for 16/hour for minimum of 4 hours on days they are not open. they aren't open until mid June on weekends so we could possibly get something going for this Saturday. I haven't talked to the activity coordinator directly yet but I will today after 3pm. I wanted to let you guys know and see who can make it this Saturday at 11am. I wanted to get a headcount before I try and reserve the court out for us. Who is a definite that can make it out? Sorry for such late notice.

Marion Community Center

12. BiGGieStuFF

Crap that link didn't come out right.

Here is the address for the community center.

11001 S Gessner Dr

13. OmegaSupreme

i can go again. :cool:

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm interested in getting on a team too. my schedule's changed so i can make games and practice now.

15. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I "think" I can go.

16. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Depending on the time, I may be able to go.

17. BiGGieStuFF

11am but at this point I'm not sure if I can reserve it in time. I'll find out tomorrow but I needed a headcount first. If anything let's meet at San Felipe and Yorktown by that covered court. I'm sure there will be some people out there we can pit our team against.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Sucks..this weekend i will be out of town and not able to play. If it gets moved to another weekend i would definently love coming down again...Maybe next week or something. That would be good for me..but of course depends on everyone.

19. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Unfortunately I can't make it this weekend. Maybe we can schedule it for next weekend. The courts on San Felipe and Yorktown are REALLY packed on Saturday mornings. I don't know if that would be a good idea.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

OmegaSupreme
    Red Chocolate
    mj10501
    h-townfan
    macalu

and of course

Kam

That is six people there.

We could use two more people for a team.