1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

basketball leagues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac640, May 12, 2005.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

early game, that means i get to watch some baseball after wards.

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

ok... phocking early game. :mad:

i will be there, BUT i may be a few minutes work due to work.

let's see... kam, biggie, van, clutch, and stack (that's five to get started). i should be there no later 7:30 (if i'm late at all, but again... i will be there).

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Anyone know if Rush is coming out today as well? Also please do not forget to bring your check or cash for the "D" league. I accept paypal as well too.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

uh guys, there's this little insignificant baseball game going on tonight. unfortunately, i have tickets to the game so i have to use them. trust me, it pains me dearly to not be there with you guys. sorry. ;)

5. BiGGieStuFF

Hmm..so do we have enough to play?

Clutch, Omega, Stack, Biggie, Kam.

No bench tonight huh. Maybe the other guys will be watching astros and they'll default again!!! Semifinals here we come!

:(

6. BiGGieStuFF

Well definitely a disappointing end to a rough season. Being shorthanded for the playoffs was definitely a downer especially since it appeared we were pretty competitive in this game as well.

Oh well, here's to a fresh start in the D league.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Agreed. Competitive enough that the other team felt they had to call 3 consecutive timeouts just to hold onto their lead at the end of the half. I thought that was a pretty cowardly thing to do.

Hopefully D-league will be a much smoother experience. Can't wait.

8. BiGGieStuFF

9. OmegaSupreme

yeah. it sucked arse. wtf, man?

i know the 'stros are in the postseason and i know the rockets had a preseason game, but c'mon...

... prior obligations maybe? maybe show up to our league game and then take off to see the 'stros?

i had tickets and sold'em (for a very good amount btw). of course i would have liked to have gone or watched them and the rox at a sports bar or something, but damn man... this was the last game of the season... a playoff game. and like biggie and clutch said, it was competitive all the way to the half.

i can understand injuries, but the not showing up stuff has to stop whoever participates in d league. you wasting your money is fine... you have control of that. you wasting my money by us having to fold the game (a playoff game that we were actually back and forth in)... well... i don't have control of that and don't particularly like it. this may not have been the most successful season, but i enjoyed the fact that we didn't give up in any of the games (until this last one).

hope you enjoyed seeing pujols "suck the gravity out of the building".

10. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

not sure if Biggie got the message but I was apologizing for not showing up. Its been tough over here the past few weeks but I dont want to burden anyone with a couple problems I have over here. Just know Im sincerely sorry for not showing up the last 3 weeks...and IF money wasnt short Id be joining yall in D league. Hopefully yall wont give my spot up just yet until I give a definate answer. I love playin ball and playin with yall....if yall cant wait for an answer or no longer want me to run the bench, Id understand. Again, I apologize.

I was and always will be a But Stop Stalker. :D
    I was born a Stalker! - maybe this should be our/yalls team slogan

11. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

In Positive news, Aqua teen hunger force won their 1st playoff game on a game winning 3 pointer, it was very Tmacesque. We were down by 20 at half time.
    Yall should have looked into the houston parks league, its only 250 per team, and its 10 games in the season, better deal all around.

We got a 6'6 guy and lemme tell ya, its not all its cracked up to be.

12. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Hey guys I wanted to apologize for not being there at the game. It totally slipped my mind. I have been extremely busy with work with all the Astros games and stuff that i haven't had a second to even look at the board in the hangout section. I checked the astros threads and that it. When biggie called me i was completly dumfounded becase i had forgot....

I mean we have literarlly had about 500 people or so in our place for each game and i have been running around like crazy.

I was invited to the game by the Astros themselves since we are sponsers so i couldn't so no to that first off and second like i said i had no idea that the game was that day.

I hope all of you understand becuase i have been there for each and every game and im usually one of the first people there.....

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i understand why you're upset about it Omega or anyone else. my apologies. i deserve to be b****ed out. i did have tickets and i knew the basketball game was on. i felt going to the possible nlcs clincher was worth forsaking our playoff game. of course, you guys didn't, and that's understandable too. sorry.

14. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Champs baby. Sports monkey is a bit ghetto for my taste though, no official representative on hand so we didn't get t-shirts or a trophy on the spot. I emailed the guy about it.

15. OmegaSupreme

well... this should be the last round of posts for this thread since our last game was today.

good showing by everybody. 'pologies for shooting too much in the first half. d league is on (btw... thanks biggie for handling the money issue again... MAJOR PROPS for that.)

kam... sorry about what happened there with your truck, man. hope the phocker gets caught.