1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

basketball leagues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac640, May 12, 2005.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does anyone know if 24 fitness has leagues?

Rocket River

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

They had a tournament one time that i saw when it was posted but i don't think it is a regular thing. And I saw a 3 on 3 tournament maybe 2 years back.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I go the park at memorial and waugh. It also has a light switch that you can turn on. Don't know how late it works though, although I remember playing till about 11 at night.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, on non-busy weeks I'm usually there 2 or 3 times Monday through Thursday evenings. Then sometimes I'll go a week or two without going. Lately, they've had a problem with the lights not wanting to turn on (could be hurricane related?).

Court itself isn't great as it has a tendency to be a little slippery and the rims are very hard. But the level of competition isn't Rucker Park like, which is good, cause it can still be competitive.

5. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

so biggie, any news on the games or whatever?

6. rusHour

also, kinda off topic, but I was wondering if anyone of you would like to join a fantasy bball league through yahoo. lemme know through email if youd like so I can let you know the information. thanks.
    stallanog@hotmail.com

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

So here is the information I got from Marcus the adult sports coordinator.

3rd 9:05 CBA Mortgage
    10th 8:10 Promise keepers

And we made it into the playoffs :D. Because the bracket is for 8 teams and there are only 7 so we get to play the 2nd seed I'm sure.

Information on D League Tuesdays. Starts November 8th.

385 a team.

registration ends oct 25th.

so we should start gathering our money soon. I still owe some money to Omega and Macalu since the price per person for the current league changed a bit.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Woohoo! nothing like being default-playoff bound!

9. BiGGieStuFF

Maybe we can pull off a huge upset!! I'll be the first to lie on the ground like deke did in nuggets vs sonics :)

10. rusHour

[​IMG]

11. Stack24

Lets have some fun and put me down for the D league im ready.

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

pay me beeyotch! j/k

i'm down for d league.

don't y'all think we ought to have a bus stop stalkers appreciation day or something? maybe over at live or rudyards? start a new thread about it?

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Well, my knee hasn't gotten any better and nw there is pain when I try to run or jump. So, looks like I'm going to have to get is scoped. If the league starts late Nov. and I can hopefully get the surgery done this month, I should be ready to go. I'm REALLY dying to play especially in a league again.

Anyway, I guess just keep a roster spot open for me and I'll let you guys know if I can't play.

14. mj10501

mj10501 Contributing Member

damn i wish i could be there for some d league action

15. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

What is this D league and what is the difference b/w D league and the league you guys are playing in now. Im just curious because i just quit at my work and planning to run a team in a league.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

nine oclock game? wtf i hate those.

17. Stack24

Basically the level of competition. Back a few years ago A and B leagues were bigger guys, highschool, and ex college players and basically good ballers...Well this year i guess there is a lot more teams that want to play so the talent level moved down into the C league and they had some crazy good teams.

D League is probably the best place for us since we are a smaller team. If you don't have someone over 6 5" on your team don't bother going into A, B, or C becuase they have big guys and a lot of great talent...unless you think you have a team that can run with them.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I also think that C league is on monday, and is more convenient to people.

19. BiGGieStuFF

If I'm not mistaken, clutch is not going to be able to make the game tonight, so we're gonna be running with 6 tonight again.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

^^^well, that sucks b/c i may not make it either. gotta visit my granny in the hospital and do some translating. gonna try my best to get out as soon as possible.