1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

basketball leagues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac640, May 12, 2005.

1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I actually hit my 2 FT's!! The practice actually paid off :D. But I miss my one layup. So pissed at that. Man clutch you got some range man. I swear you were like at least 4 ft outside the 3 point line. Stack you were hitting like a madman too. I dished off a few assists so I'm happy but our energy was lacking in the 2nd half. Things started to slip away the minute they put in that 2nd tall dude in the game.

I haven't found out if we do in fact have 2 games left but we do have at least one more.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

So, it sounds like not having me or Rush was the difference. :D

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yes, that must have been it! :D

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments on my range and all that but I was off yesterday. My friend who was there said I was like 4/13 on 3's or something. They just left me so open at times that it would be silly not to shoot...but like I said I was off. I also seem to shoot better from deeper lol. I tend to miss the 3's where I'm right up on the line :confused:

I apologize for shooting so much!

Stack on the other hand was bombing yesterday :cool:

4. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

ouch low blow. :cool:
    im sure yall could of used a few charging calls against the other team. i seem to draw about 1-2 a game. :D

5. mogrod

Yea, on my part, y'all could have used my.....um.... Well, I would have brought some more.....uh... Y'all definitely missed my..... hmmm... Wait, did I actually play for you guys? :D

6. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Alright finally got a chance to read through the thread since our last game. We had a good game first half as usual and then just started losing it second half. But im sure we will do great in the D league. I think we will be the team to beat in that league easily. If we can all get in sync for 2 halfs instead of just 1 we should be fine lol. Thanks for the praise about my shooting...im still not hitting as consistant as i want to be but hey it's been a while since i have played so it's getting better....

Kurt im just trying to keep up with you and do some gun slinging of my own from downtown. It's great when we are both hitting but sometimes your on fire and im ice cold and then vice versa. Definently good to have some fun during the games jacking up shots lol...and then we have all the other guys stepping up is helping big time. I don't think my percentage was all that great this last game either.

Aaron im waiting for you to throw it down. You have been getting your chances but the ball just slips right out of your hand...ill throw you an alley oop or something..

Van how dare you say you did nothing in the game..i do recall a hit 3 pointer from the top...i thught you were gonna come up hot and shooting like you were that time in U of H.

Anyways looking forward to our next game if there is any or even better yet the D league domination.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

lol, i didn't say that. i said "this was my best output of the season". 3 for 6, some rebounds and assists, minimal TOs.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

man... it's nerves... all nerves. if we had a gameball like the one that ccr owns, that wouldn't have happened (helluva lot of grip on that one). it's not the fact that our opponents are tall as phock, it just that we're actually playing for something. i dunno. guess i'm just scuur'ed for some reason. alleys would be cool... would take few to get the chem down though.

btw... rush, your mfa better be there monday. mo, get better and come back.

10. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

i'm down for next mon as usual

11. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

so im assuming that this coming monday game is canceled due to rita....

12. mogrod

I didn't think there was a game until Oct. 3.

Hey guys, hope everyone made it through the storm safe. Post and let everyone know how you're doing or if you need anything.

Omega, not sure if you saw me respond to you in the other thread, but everything is good on my end.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

was there a game tonight?

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't think so. I didn't hear anything on the board..i didn't go to the schedule or anything online....Or a call from Mike for that matter.

15. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

well... i can say that it's a fact that there wasn't a game tonight. :(

went there early a couple of hours early, as usual. after 7:15 had come and gone, i figured that there weren't going to be any games tonight. got a couple of pick up games in though. man... it is so phocking easy abusing people that aren't 8'3" like our opponents. in the pickup games with the regs, i'm sure i led our team in scoring with a win. maybe it's just some sort of mental thing.

next game... since we pretty much have nothing to lose, is it okay if i try one or two isolations on the left side (with a pick) and maybe even a post-up attempt or two (i know they're much taller, but i don't plan on backing them into the basket... just using the speed to get around them and... seeing what i can do).

i'm convinced that we have the advantage against some of these teams although they're taller. just play like your playing against people who grow normally (did i spell or use that right?) and use your speed. i'll try harder myself.

see y'all next week. (ccr, i expect to see some of those dunks during the game).

mogrod... got the msg. good deal.

16. BiGGieStuFF

Definitely no game tonight due to hurricane but I tried to call marcus and he wasn't in to confirm if we still have 2 games left before the playoffs. Stephen Kelley took a message and I'll try calling back tomorrow. I'll keep you posted as soon as I find out anything.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If you guys ever practice at any free courts and are looking for other people to run, please post. I've added before, but sometimes there are decent games at the outdoor court on Waugh and Memorial (YWCA)...and at 6-1 you are usually mid sized there and are not dunked on :)

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Do you play there often? I'm often tempted to go check it out, but I don't want to go by myself. I work in downtown, and it's a short drive on Memorial.

Has anybody played at Root Memorial? That place is open. I saw five or six people playing there when I went to the Toyota Center to set up tables for the Job Fair. That place looks so damn nice.

19. BiGGieStuFF

Is it lit? Weather should be nice this week although it will be raining probably as well :(. does the court have trees to shade it?

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

which one? the one at the YWCA or Root?

the park at memorial and waugh is a covered park.

Root Memorial has trees on the sidewalks. I don't recall if the trees shade the court though. I can drive by the park and take a look.