1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

basketball leagues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac640, May 12, 2005.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just an update:

I asked my friend if he would go and he said yes. It all hinges on me finishing this paper at this point, and I've got about a page to go so it's looking promising.

Question though...if I show up how many people can I get a discount for? I've never done it for more than one person at a time.

2. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

i thoguht it was only for 1 or 2 people but im not even sure. clutch do u know how crowded its goin to be?

3. ClutchCityReturns

Monday night about 6:30/7:00-ish? I'd say pretty busy. If all the courts are open it's not so bad. Maybe a 3 games wait depending on which court you want to play on.

By the way I'm done with my paper and will be there. Bringing my friend and will probably show between 6:30-7:00.

4. ClutchCityReturns

DAMMIT

Can't make it out tonight because my dad needs ride home from work (just had knee surgery) and I didn't know my mom had work tonight.

I'm down for suggestions on any other night this week if anybody wants to go again.

Sorry :(

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

6. ClutchCityReturns

You guys ready for tomorrow? What time is the game?

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Mon, Sep 19 8:10PM-9:05PM The Bus Stop Stalkers vs. Redemption

8. rusHour

I might have to sit on the IR for the game with flu like symptoms.

9. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

i'm out as well

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Okay guys, see you up there like 7:30 since we won't be able to shoot around before that.

Game is at 8:10. Sounds like Rushhour can't make it though. Hope everyone has been shooting around and Omega, you need me to bring yuo some shoes?

11. lil-vic

lil-vic Member

are yall playing in a league or just regular pick up ball? if its a league and u need an extra person, i will be willing to play. just tell me what i need to do in order to join.

12. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Good luck guys.

Sorry you have to sacrifice a couple of losses just because I can't play. :D

13. rusHour

we are in a league and the team is pretty much set for the most part. we do need some size though...our tallest guy is not an interior guy. he feels most comfortable playin outside. next year will be a bit easier but it would still be nice to have some size down low.

we do play some pick up games from time to time, only when everyone is not busy, which seems not very often.

sorry guys i couldnt make it. seems like im very rarely sick but this one just caught up to me. lets hope yall win and get some momentum goin into the post season....not likely i know

14. rusHour

how did the game go?

15. ClutchCityReturns

We were actually in this one at half. Probably down, I don't know, 6 points? They weren't too much bigger than us, but had a couple of trees down there that eventually just took over in the second half. Once they got up by about 15 it was the usual "let's see how many crazy dunks we can do on these guys" routine, but they actually only made about 3 of their attempts.

Kam almost joined mj10501's "get dunked on really bad" club, but the guy missed off the back of the rim. Actually I almost joined that club too when one of their guys came right at me like he was going to tear the goal down, but luckily I got a piece of it and he missed. Thank God, because that would have been one of the worst moments of my basketball career :eek:

In the end we lost by 20, I think 67-47 but I may be wrong.

By the way, Mike says we have 2 regular season games left. The next two Mondays. :confused:

16. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

how big are these guy dunking? The way I'm picturing the league, it's mainly 25-40 year olds about 6' tall. Most 6' I know can't dunk.

17. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Hey guys there is one team ahead of us with only 1 win. If somehow we can beat the promisekeepers next week and I highly doubt we can beat the showtime perhaps we can tie with cba mortgage IF they lose out the rest of their games.

I don't know what happens in the event of a tie for the last spot though.

Also I have no idea what's going on but the sheet me and kam saw today said we have two games left. before the post season begins, but this link

http://eteamz.active.com/postoakysports/calendar/index.cfm?date=2005-10-01&subsite=3324198

says we only have 1 game left on the 3rd against cba mortgage.

I have no idea what is going on. I'll call and find out what's going on.

18. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

man i hope you guys win the next 2. Good luck.

19. ClutchCityReturns

More like 21-30 for the most part, with a few older guys sprinkled here and there. It seems that the average height for teams in this league is about 6'2", which is the height of our tallest player. Most teams have at least a couple of guys 6'4" or 6'5" and a few of the teams have guys in the 6'7" range. These isn't your run of the mill YMCA league with nothing but "old-timers" running back door cuts. The guys that were dunking today were 6'1"-6'5" and probably about 21 years old.

If the league were the way you described it, I'd be the one dunking, and I'm only 5'9".

Speaking of dunking, I did a couple of 360's and a couple of self-pass reverses after the game tonight. I've never done either one before and they felt GREAT! :D I feel like I get a really nice lift on that court for some reason.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

man, we had a great first half. this was my best output of the season too. it's a good thing clutch and stack have range. otherwise, we'd be really fukked...yea, as if we aren't now. :eek:

these definitely aren't "run of the mill" players. we have to throw the passes ten feet in the air just to get it over them.

on another note, it's time i lose some weight. i've gained 10 lbs working at my new job the last 3 months. i can tell it's affected my game. i'm sluggish and i seem to have back pain more often. the reason i'm posting about this is b/c i need motivation. maybe i should post progress pics on cf.net.