1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

basketball leagues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac640, May 12, 2005.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

monday at UH sounds cool. they're open 12 -8 on labor day. clutchreturns, do you think you can make it? it'll save us a couple of bucks. also, we won't be ticketed this time...hehe.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Well the second guy (the white guy from the video) is unable to play on Tuesdays anyway. I didn't mention the league to him but he was telling me about another league he might play in and how it's a good thing their games are on Thursdays because he works late every other night. So, he's out of the picture whether we want him or not. He's also currently trying to recruit me to play in that league with him on Thursday nights for like $20 and it's tempting, especially since it's much closer to home than the YMCA. I might possibly do both leagues, but we'll see.

The guy that was there with me at the game on Monday will play for sure but he'll understand if we decide not to bring him on because of roster space and minutes. Just let me know.

As far as UH goes...I'm not sure right now. My girl is coming to visit me from Dallas today and she'll be here until sometime Monday, which has yet to be decided. If you guys play later, like 5 or 6 then there's a pretty good chance I can make it. Anything prior to about 4 is probably going to be cutting it close for me.

#842 ClutchCityReturns, Sep 2, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

It won't matter as much but would be great to have the advantage in the boards department.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We can definently board with people our size. We have enough people who get in position and have enough hops to rebound. We did it really well at U of H with people that are around our height.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I kill people my own size on the boards. I just don't get a lot of opportunities in this league since I'm floating around the perimeter to avoid the skyscrapers!

6. Stack24

yeah same here...for my overweight ass right now i can still get up to the rim....if i can lose that extra 15 pounds i have gained i will be back to my normal hops which are very damn good...not as good as yours lol but i can get up there and hold my own....

Im like you, usually i will be down low rebounded but both of us have become only perimeter in this league.

7. macalu

i'm hopeful i can get the ball through the passing lanes in D league. that's hard to do when your opponent has 8 feet long arms and legs.

8. Stack24

Don't forget the 40 inch vertical that goes along with them lol

9. BiGGieStuFF

I think you need to ask MJ10501 on that one. He has first-crotch experience. :D

10. Stack24

yes yes i remember that...i had to turn my head when i saw it coming..had to pretend i didn't see it..but in all fairness that could have happened to any one of us. But i am glad it wasn't me hahah

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay,

This is my first reply since monday night.

I think I can arrange it to where I can play Tuesday nights. I have a lot of people that can cover for me on Tuesdays now. It might be a hassle with the supervisors and all, but I got enough pull though. I hope.

Monday, UH. What time? I'd prefer to play in the middle of the day around 2-5.

12. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

monday at UH is good anytime for me i think. prolly the best time for everyone to get together at the same time is prolly the hours of 4-8.

13. BiGGieStuFF

Definitely the earlier the better. That way I can get to my labor day cookouts later in the evening. Anyone up for 2pm?

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm down for something early too.

15. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i'm down for anytime. i have schit else to do.

16. OmegaSupreme

btw, kam... check out what i found while goofin' off today...

[​IMG]

17. rusHour

i was just stating 4-8 because then clutch could make it out there to play with us.

18. OmegaSupreme

GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT CLUTCH.

19. rusHour

funny sh*t

u gave me the idea to google "kam" and these are a couple of the images that came up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but neways...i think goin early on monday is fine with me.

#859 rusHour, Sep 3, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  20. macalu

i'm good for any time too...earlier the better if clutch can make it.