1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley "They're Paying John Wall to sit at Home"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Free food and drink, free access to training facilities, Harden's sloppy seconds at Treasures...

Mans living the life.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Barkley works? That's news to me.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

They even got that quiz segment where Barkley looks a player's photo and he guess which team he's on :D. The last one I saw, he got zero correct.

Mr. Space City and napalm06 like this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Every time I see John Wall on the sidelines he’s talking to one of our players like he’s on the coaching staff. Charles Barkley needs to pay attention to the rest of the NBA this year.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's a Houston sports thing. We like to make our highest paid players not play :)

Shark44 likes this.
  6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

People feelings get hurt when they figure out what he's worth

groovemachine and xaos like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He maybe mistaken but is never wrong according to himself.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do the Dynamo have one? :) The other 3 certainly do although the Astros aren't making Verlander not play.

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

TNT firing Charles Barkley and Charles working 9-5 will really hit home for him.

Charles only working 2 hours and sleeping in his makeup room and not watching Lottery Teams, only Contenders.

Charles, Shaq, Ernie, Kenny All are Fair Weather Fans

11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Oh that's why all of the sudden I'm seeing videos of Wall playing against Green, Houston's management does not want the public think Wall is not working and just hanging out.....this is embarrassing

BigShasta likes this.
  12. JD88

JD88 Member

And then Wall tears his ACL and any chance of moving him next season is out the window.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

but tilman saves 40 million dollars through insurance .

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I genuinely don't think there's much chance of that anyway if he doesn't play for a year tbh. I think people here put way too much faith in the hypothetical that he has value as an expiring contract. You have to move a LOT of scrub players to get Wall and let his contract expire, anybody who can match salary isn't somebody a team is looking to move unless it's a worse contract than Wall's for us (does that even exist?) I'd rather have him playing and the team have a competent PG for the players to develop beside than pay somebody 40mil to sit on his ass.

DVauthrin and houston#1 like this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Indeed, it's strange the team agrees to pay him but he's not suited up and available to play. It would benefit the team to play him off the bench, hoping some desperate team needs a 6 man at the deadline. Plus from a depth chart perspective it's hard to argue he's not better than Augustin

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Argue there's a single better point guard on the roster than John Wall, it's not just Augustin. And he shouldn't be coming off the bench for us, he should be starting alongside Sengun and Green (getting them the touches they need) at around 20-25 mins play time. KP should come off the bench with Gordon (or Brooks) so he's got a competent spot up shooting target to learn with.

groovemachine likes this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

Thankfully John Wallet has invited JG into his home to binge game tape.
    [​IMG]

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What exactly does Barkley do that he deserves the money he gets? I mean seriously -- act like a moron, prove every night he doesn't really watch much basketball or analyze it very well from the looks of it, and generally be given a pass for some horrible takes and just repeating himself over and over for about 3-5 minutes at a time.

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You forgot getting reminded he has no rings by Shaq.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Doing more than Verlander.

DD