1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: "The Rockets do not scare anyone"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Apr 11, 2017.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

And also ugh......a big man......every team that wins in the playoffs must have a big man. Memphis is a contender because they have a Gasol (ignoring that is almost never the case in the modern era)

Oh also, jump shooting teams just don't win basketball games.......(the warriors never happened)

......it's always the same old **** with him

BigShasta likes this.
  2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Rockets may step up and play defense, but one thing you can count on is that Harden...errr Har_en doesn't play defense. I dont care what this video shows and proves lol :rolleyes:

lnchan likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Good thing we're not trying to scare, we trying to win.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Charles is fat

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm scared of the Clippers because we have to watch DeAndre Jordan shoot free throws

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't that be said about pretty much every other team? Perfect examples are last year when the Thunder let the WCF slip against the Warriors and then the Warriors let the Championship slip against the Cavs. In both cases each team saw their shot stop falling.

If any team is ever "SCARED" of another team in the playoffs they've already lost mentally, which is what Kenny was trying to explain to Charles. He admitted himself that he would've avoided the Jazz when we played them so again he lost mentally before the tip-off. What a loser.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think we just got huge insight into why Chuck never got a ring.

BigM and BigShasta like this.
  8. rocketsmetalspd

I did not the know the key to winning is to scare someone in the NBA. All professional players that have seen and competed since junior high are scared to play in game? Barkley is funny and just likes to stir things up for reaction.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Beat me to it. Who cares what chuck or brian windhorst say? They fat

BigMaloe, J.R. and Snow Villiers like this.
  10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

You think the blazers are scared of GS? Come on now, no team in the NBA is literally "scared" of another team, they all professional teams, this aint no JV vs varsity now.

11. WestendMassive

I've seen the Rockets in the playoffs before, they totally scare me

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Beauty is simple and often underestimated.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kobe one man willed the Lakers to a 7 game series in the first round against D'Anotni's stacked Suns. The Lakers were actually up 3 games to 1. Phil easily outcoached MDA til talent overwhelmed.

D'Antoni's playoff track record for his style of play is what worries me most, 2nd thing that worries me and always has is Hardens style of play(refs don't give him the same calls in the playoffs). You could argue those Suns came back 1-3 to win convincingly most of those games, and you could argue todays era is even more suited to D'Antoni's style of coaching, but how much help from the era do you know need when you have prime Nash, prime Amare, prime Marion and tons of good role players? Facing the Russ Thunder is almost the same as facing the Kobe Lakers in that year, except we have our own 1 man show instead of a 3 all star studded lineup.

I've said it before and was called a hater, but I think were still not even a sure thing to get out of the first round and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we lose to the Thunder(I say it goes 7). This board will have a full meltdown when you should have seen it coming all along but you got fooled by exactly what LE$ wanted...a fun regular season team that puts butts in the seats. People need to learn to tame their expectations so as not to make the GARM a misery to browse through.

It should come as no surprise that we don't scare anyone.. This is why Harden is MVP. The whole notion that Harden has so much talent compared to Russ is absolutely ridiculous and just part of the media campaign for Russ b/c his story(trip dub) sells more.

All that said, I hope I'm proven wrong and we absolutely crush the hearts of every one those Russ and Thunder homers. Even if it is boring to watch, I want to see the Rockets demolish them with huge blow outs every game.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Barkley is an idiot, but some of us are being way too over confident.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Underrated comment of the week.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If you ask me I think the Spurs would much rather be the #1 seed instead of #2 seed facing either Utah or Clippers in 2nd round instead of possibly playing Houston. All contingent upon the Spurs beating Memphis :rolleyes:. Barkley is the village idiot at times.

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets could easily lose to the Thunder. I don't think anyone thinks it is a guaranteed win. The issue is singling out the Rockets. The only teams with easy first round match up in the West is the Warriors.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I don't think there's a significant difference between Westbrook playing to win and Westbrook playing for triple doubles. It's the mind of an ten-year-old kid with a keyboard and mouse vs. a eight-year-old kid with a controller playing NBA 2K.