1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: "The Rockets do not scare anyone"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Apr 11, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

I saw the half-time comments caused some strong emotional reactions in the game thread, but to me it sounds spot on. We are strictly relying on our threes to fall and our game plan is simple, so it's not like we are hard to figure out. We are not a disciplined team, we do not play defense, we do not rebound so for OKC that is the kind of team you want. With the way the Clippers are playing, I do think from the top 4 teams the Rockets are the ones you want. Kenny of course has to put his glasses on and act smart, but Taj & Doug additions is why we should not want OKC is just a dumb statement. Just saying something to say something, which is 90% of what Kenny does. Barkley actually makes sense. We just have to prove we can be scary and rip teams apart on a regular basis in the play-offs.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude...the Rox are already 3rd seed how many seeds are there in the playoffs? You think 4-8th seeds think they can win against the Rox in a playoff series? Its a dumb statement from Barkley and if you believe him I'm sorry but you're dumb too.

SuperMarioBro, Tfor3, RCPM and 2 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think we can beat Utah though. Clippers could force a game 6 or 7 until they might go fail mode again.

Memphis could give us problems as well if we had bad shooting nights.

4-7 are not secure.

#3 daywalker02, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Playoffs starts this weekend though

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets don't scare me.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

How did you not get what I said and yes the bottom seeds, which is 5 to 8 by the way, all could take the Rockets though I was specifically referring to OKC. Nope

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont thik the spurs or warriors are scurr, but everyone else is, esp wb. he gon get exposed as an mvp candidate

8. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Yes yes he said also said now Stephanie and Ledouche are a fear factor while the rockets sure can score quickly and offensively potent, but they don scare anyone defensively.
    Doesnt matter if the Cavs get 1st or second seed .

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So our team is too good for Harden to win MVP but not good enough to scare anyone. Stick with one or the other media.

10. the shark

the shark Member

So grown men, who are paid millions of $$ to play a game, should be "scared" to play another team?

GTFOH!!!

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets are a team that could go all the way(or at least beat anyone not named Golden State).....or they could flame out in the first round. When they make their outside shots and play a lick of defense, they are virtually unbeatable. When they can't buy a basket from the perimeter and make no effort at the defensive end, they can lose to anyone.

My hope is that when the playoffs arrive, we see the former every night. We saw against the Thunder a couple weeks ago that when they're zoned in and focused, they're right up there with the Warriors.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's right. There won't be a single series we play where the other team feels like they don't have a chance. We are a really tough team to beat when the shots go in at a good clip, but if not we are extremely beatable. We could literally lose to any team in the playoffs if we aren't hot from 3.

{icebox425}, Caesar, Patience and 5 others like this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

He's probably right. Opposing teams probably feel the Rockets style of play may not be successful in the playoffs. We shall see.

14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I really don't think any team is scary other than the Warriors.

Jayzers_100 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Doughnuts still scare Sir Chuck.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Chuck is usually wrong so whatever he says, just go with the opposite just like you would with _holic

17. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

So we don't play defense or rebound yet we want the #2 rebounding team in the league just behind Golden State??? Rockets better tighten up if we want to at least make it out of the 1st round.

Chanmarr likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The logic is flawed. You could use his exact argument for why the rockets scare people. It's been noted on multiple occasions that Houston scares gsw and we are a team that would least like to face.

When we are hitting shots and playing defense, aka December, we are the 2nd best team in the league and close enough to challenge gsw.

Playoff bev is going to change a lot. I'm expecting a very focused and determined Harden in the playoffs.

topfive, htownrox1, Patience and 6 others like this.
  19. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

What do you want them to say about the Rockets..."This team ain't that good...swag Champs on 3"???

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If teams cant stop the Rockets from scoring in the regular season, what magic are they gonna use to stop them in the postseason. There are a handful of teams that have length, and the ability to consistently score. People are really undervaluing these group of guys. The Rockets are gonna embarrass the Thunder.