1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cwebbster, May 2, 2017.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

So back in the day I was a huuuuge fan of the Barkley, Shut Up and Jam game. Did a nostalgic google search, and found out that there was a sequel released in 2008. This has to be the craziest thing I have ever read. Synopsis of the game below:

The game starts off in 2041, twelve years prior to the main part of the game, in "post-cyberpocalyptic Neo New York". Charles Barkley performed a powerful dunk called a Chaos Dunk at a basketball game, inadvertently killing most of the people in attendance. As a result, basketball was outlawed and many basketball players were hunted down and killed.[2]

In 2053, another Chaos Dunk is performed in Manhattan, killing millions. Barkley is blamed for the Chaos Dunk and is hunted by the B-Ball Removal Department, led by Michael Jordan.[2][4] Barkley is rescued by another outlaw referred to as the Ultimate Hellbane. Hellbane leads Barkley to the tomb of LeBron James, revealing that Hellbane's real name is Balthios, the octoroon great grandson of James. The ghost of James tells the two to seek the Cyberdwarf, who is hidden in New York's sewers. While searching for the Cyberdwarf, they are joined by a cybernetic Vince Carter, who has lost his memory. Upon finding Cyberdwarf, the four of them rush to a nearby church, where Barkley's son Hoopz is hiding. In the church, Jordan kills Father Larry Bird and holds Hoopz hostage. Cyberdwarf, looking at Hoopz, comments that Hoopz may be “The One”; this comment restores Carter's memory. He was killed along with many other basketball stars, but was rebuilt by the terrorist organization B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S. to kill Hoopz. Carter joins with Jordan, but the two are driven off by Barkley and his party.

Cyberdwarf theorizes that B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S. used a powerful basketball called the Ultimate B-Ball, the same B-Ball used by the Monstars in the Space Jam to steal the powers of basketball players, including Barkley himself, to perform the recent Chaos Dunk, so they travel to the old Spalding building to find a rumored extremely powerful basketball. There, they discover that such a ball had been created, dubbed the Hell B-Ball. This ball was so powerful that a janitor who mishandled it inadvertently performed a Chaos Dunk in the building years ago. With the Hell B-Ball in hand, the party seek out B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S.

They find the B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S. headquarters on the slave ship Necron 5. After freeing Carter from his programming and defeating Jordan in basketball combat, they find the leader of B.L.O.O.D.M.O.S.E.S., a shadowy version of Barkley created by the Ultimate B-Ball to destroy all life on Earth with a super-powerful Chaos Dunk, then repopulate the earth with Barkley clones. Shadow Barkley is defeated, but machinery on the ship is set to perform the Chaos Dunk without Shadow Barkley. Barkley stays behind while the rest of the party escapes from the Necron 5. Charles Barkley then performs another Chaos Dunk, destroying the ship and saving the earth. The game ends in a cliffhanger, where Hoopz and Cyberdwarf are aboard an escape pod in space without destination, and Balthios is left behind to fight the Monstars.

Churros baby.....churros!

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I watched a Let's Play of it about a year ago. Instead of a sports game it's a Japanese style RPG. It is exactly as nuts as it sounds, but oddly, it has really, really good JRPG game mechanics. I may still dig it up and play it sometime in the future. It's a free game if I recall.

3. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Classic vidcon. It's both hilarious and a great game. It's got the classic turn-based RPG combat, but when you use Barkely's basic jumpshot attack you have to release the ball at the top of the shot to do the most damage.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Charles is the one who should shut his trap

5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

This is probably the funniest game I've ever played. The save points include lengthy real-life fanboy rants on the supremacy of Japanese RPGs, you get to kick the crap out of an evil sellout Michael Jordan, there's a boss fight against Bill Cosby, and the whole game is basically a grim'n'gritty sequel to Space Jam. I seem to recall that Hakeem is praised in the game although he does not appear (presumably a victim of the post-Chaos Dunk witch hunt).

There's a sequel currently in (delayed) development:

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I can see a sequel being made of this with Morey as the hero...

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

It's pretty much my favorite game ever.

8. SemisolidSnake

Freeware parody sequel. Download here. Will do. Sounds awesome.

---

Still probably not as crazy as Metal Wolf Chaos, a real game developed for and only released on the Japanese XBOX by FromSoftware (yes, that FromSoftware of the extremely successful Dark Souls series), dubbed only in English, and about the President of the United States fighting the Vice President's evil schemes to take over the country. Singlehandedly in his full-on badass mecha suit. Some of the absolute funniest dialogue ever recorded. And after many, many years, it's finally translated and available on Steam.

Oh, and before I forget, there is a mission set in Houston. Probably the only game to ever have anything set in Houston. You have to destroy a giant-ass helicopter. The name of that helicopter: the Olajuwon. I love you, Japan.