1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley "It's not fun watching the Rockets play.."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 18, 2016.

Tags:
?

Fun to watch?

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. No

254 vote(s)
    95.8%
  1. krouchchocolate

Plus one on this. There's usually 3 defenders watching him when he has the ball.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

I don't often agree with that buffoon Barkley, but when I do, it's an example of opposites agreeing on universal truth. I couldn't stand watching Franchise dribble out the shot clock; can't stand watching Harden do the same. It's not entertaining, enjoyable, or winning in any sense.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're right, that Barkley/Rockets hate train is never late. But I listen them praise Chris Paul after the Clippers blew a 3-1 lead in the playoffs. Yet they call Chris Paul the greatest leader in the NBA. It's a joke. Spurs lose in the first round, no criticism. The TNT guys kill Houston every chance they get.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Barkley is right

5. chandlerbang21

Their offense is corner 3's , harden driving left looking for fouls and brewer running head down into the paint throwing up garbage. No structure. The isolation offense is not gonna work in playoffs. Dallas won yesterday because of ball movement and team defense. Houston has to throw away this "system "

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well...there is always fresh paint somewhere that is needing to be watched dry.

1 person likes this.
  7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This is the least fun I've ever had watching Rockets basketball by far. That includes the few losing seasons we've had. This is not a team, it is a collection of players and is horribly coached to boot.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If the history of the NBA has proven one thing, its that no system is fool-proof. Adjustments and alterations/new wrinkles need to constantly be introduced in order to keep the opponents off-balance.

Everybody knows what the Rockets try to do. The best teams take enough of that away to make them useless. Even the mediocre teams can figure them out. They have no counter or backup plan once their primary game is taken away from them (and then you add lack of effort, lack of killer instinct, and poor team chemistry, and its just no longer fun anymore).

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

for once Barkley actually said something i agree with

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I've never seen a professional basketball team with so many players who have bad hands. So many of the Rockets players are incapable of catching a pass cleanly. It's really quite amazing that they have an entire roster of butterfingers. Every time down on offense, the ball is fumbled at least once...if not made to look like a pinball machine.

1 person likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's maddening. It's like they've caught a disease new to science.

1 person likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You know it's not the hands--it's because they lack chemistry. When you play with a group of guys for so long you should be able to know where they are even before you drop that pass. This team is playing like 15 random dudes got together one day to form an intramural team.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love that. I'm going to borrow that if you don't mind. ;)

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not at all. :)-

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I try to believe I this team, they do make it so frustrating to watch. Last night was the ultimate let down, being beat down with Curry on the bench. I really don't think we have a single player on our team who is good both on offense and defense. Ariza, Beverly, and DMO didn't help enough offensively and Howard and Harden just disappoint on defense.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lmao.... 4% of CLUTCHFANS find the Rockets fun to watch.

Awesome stat. That's how bad they are. Fans like to watch effort and heart. They like a losing team if a losing team goes down fighting.

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The thing is, Barkley's last play as a Rocket he balled out completely in a game against the 76's. Trying to block a ginger rookies shot on a dunk, forgot his name, Chuck blew out his knee is gruesome fashion and was carried off the court. He worked his ass off the rest of the season to at least get back to be able to walk off the court in the final game of the season. So he can talk about James as much as he wants because he earned that right.

1 person likes this.
  18. mig0s

mig0s Member

He's right. One man offense, no defense, no ball movement, no hustle.

19. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

At times (very often), our offense reduces down to: dribble dribble dribble...pump-fake, drive, kick (repeat) until we force a bad shot or Harden gets bailed out by the refs.
    We need a secondary perimeter scorer along with Horford or Whiteside, a totally new bench, and most importantly, a competent coach.
    Otherwise, this team is f***ed and Harden is a Laker in two years.

20. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Asikitis