1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley flagrant foul on Hakeem (1994) Maxwell ejected for the 2nd straight game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Apr 29, 2014.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DQQcpWGC-xE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maxwell always has your back -- no one wanted to **** with Mad Max.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is this the anniversary of that game?

Btw: not sure if anyone ever told Hakeem that etiquette dictates he's supposed to run out the clock

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The other video brought back memories... it was an epic series.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

If the refs had done their job and immediately penalized Barkley for shoving Hakeem, Maxwell wouldn't have felt compelled to regulate.

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I love maxwell. I meet him twice. The first time just passing in a Handy Dan and the second time was in a San Antonio bar and we talked for a few minutes. He was a cool guy.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I wouldn't think DREAM was trying to score... I think he was trying to pass. ;)

Lest you forget the way Ainge threw that ball at MARIO in game THREE!?!?!?! :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN1gfT2IUuo
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NN1gfT2IUuo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NN1gfT2IUuo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Etiquette doesn't matter when you are playing an opponent like the suns. The old Hakeem would have got up and popped Barkley in the mouth, but he let it go. That's etiquette.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Luckily that wasn't Michael Cage with the Sonics again. :p Bloody lip!

I remember THAT game: http://articles.latimes.com/1989-03-07/sports/sp-127_1_olajuwon-fined .

Or Kupcheck! :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWekj2wcXes
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/UWekj2wcXes?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/UWekj2wcXes?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

9. conquistador#11

back then every fan made today's red rowdies seem like mimes. no offense rowdies.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That was game 7, no? I was at that game. The crowd went bonkers when Barkley did that. Punk...

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

After the Rockets pull off this series vs. Portland, there will be 4 occasions where an NBA team has recovered from a 3-1 deficit to win....and 2 of those will be by the Mother Falcon Houston Rockets!!!!

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are a great Rockets fan.

I'm proud to be your brother.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was there too…..remember sam playing really well and hitting a big 3 in the 4th

14. kudos1017

kudos1017 Member

Hakeem used to chuck threes in those situations too. Highlight dunks and 25 footers are way more fun than running the clock out.

15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Foul didn't look that hard.

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Maxwell was a bad ass. Loved that guy. You have to have someone on your team that is just a bit crazy. I met him in the early 90's along with a lot of other players when my dad used to run the Valet at Ocean Club. All the players used to come there back in the day. I have a ton of valet stubs with all of their signatures.

Was a good time for me and it was always great to wake up in the morning and see who had come by and my dad got an autograph of.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I think Bev is that guy

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

What a badass. Wish our current team had that fire.

1 person likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in his recent interview Maxwell said that the team was very close, they were all friends

I wonder how close the current Rockets team is