1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley destroys Draymond Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn...Donkey down

Sir Charles unloaded the clip on his b*tchass

Draymond does too much talking...u wouldn't be nearly as relevant if u weren’t on GS

2. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I'm glad most of us here are all on agreement. Draymond has gotten WAY too much love over the years and most people correctly predicted how much he'd be exposed this season. Barkley wasn't wrong to say what he did because no one would hate on draymond unless he ran his mouth so hard as if he was on par with superstars. If he humbly praised how good steph & KD were and how he fits with them so perfectly, then fine, but he's always yapping too much for his own good. Bout time everyone saw him for what he is, a great ROLE PLAYER on incredibly stacked teams.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even worse than Draymond thinking he was on par with Barkley on the court,

is that he's clearly not on par on him as far as an entertaining tv personality

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Did barkley also diss Joey Fatone?

PhilCollins likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not Rockets related, breh.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Neither is Barkley. He's been saying Green is an overrated player that's fortunate to play on a team full of studs as far as winning goes, and this season proved he was right.

7. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

So, using the Charles premise which I agree with when it comes to role players (ala Bruce Bowen/Big Shot Bob) excluding Draymond's championships who is the better player?

Assists are a no-brainer when you got three dudes that are career shooters to pass too.
    KD - fg 52.5/3pt 38.2, Steph - 47.6/43.5, Klay - 45.9/41.9

Besides that what else does Draymond really excel at over Charles?

https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/charles_barkley_vs_draymond_green.htm

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Draymond is a Rodman like role player in what he brings for a championship team. Neither are worth much on a non contender. Barkley is in contention as the GOAT PF and in many peoples eyes IS the GOAT PF due to Duncan actually being a freaking Center(Yes. I still argue this).

bmelo and HewbieTrippin like this.
  9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Green is a great role player, motivator, organizer, and all-around dawg. Hotheaded but super shrewd. Put the wrong guy in that job, and the Warriors wouldn't have won as much as they did. But there are lots of other guys with Green's skill set, and—as he's illustrating now—they didn't have the good fortune to be surrounded by overwhelming talent. Those guys, through no fault of their own, are forgotten.

He's a lucky dude. But he earned those panties.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Think he means Draymond is the Lance Bass of the group. He doesn’t want to say it.

tinman likes this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He is the upper echelon of exploiting the situation when the defense is concentrated elsewhere. I would say the best in the business. If he were a Rocket he would have to tone down the "cheap shot" shannaniggans.

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

You're saying Rodman is probably better than D. Green. Overall I agree, but given laxed rules on physicality, I would see Draymond fitting right in with that era. Green is one of the stronger players in the league today that gets away with cheapshots but the 80s to early 2000s era would allow him to deploy combos of cheap shots without consequences.

Then again. If Green never had access to modern sports science, he might still overweight, asthmatic and soft and never made it to the NBA.

#32 Sanctity, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I meant Barkley’s not wrong. Draymond Green likely would have been out of the league years ago, or would be a poor man’s Matt Barnes, if he weren’t the fourth best member of the Beatles of the NBA. He’s like Ringo Starr without the looks, personality, voice, or drumming skills.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's wrong in the sense that he's hating just because. You can agree with everything about Barkley, but DG isn't wrong with what he said. Everything he said on all the smoke is absolutely true. You have someone hating on him for his success and that was from day 1. People that hate on another man's success is pretty pathetic. Just throwing shade year after year after year. DG didn't go out of his way nor was he disrespectful towards Chuck. That was all chuck to begin with. I'm all about critiquing actual basketball but at this point chuck is just a plain hater. I don't side with that nor respect it. I'm glad DG has finally spoken out about him always talking out the side of his neck. A ton of people know that and Chuck always thinks hes right. Old heads who can't help but hate are some of the worst

#34 YOLO, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

NBA direction has shifted and shifted hard, 6'7 is the new 7'0.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

You make Green sound like a quiet, meek role player who is getting picked on for no good reason. Green is an agitator, a trash talker, and a dirty player. He picks fights with his own superstar teammates, and he kicks other players in the balls blatantly and without remorse. If anybody should get “hate” from “old heads” it’s him. He’s basically a smaller, less skilled Bill Laimbeer, who Barkley also hated.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. but in this case as far as Barkley it certainly is the truth. The problem is, its just chuck that's providing the continuous hate. There's a difference. and what it comes down to is pure jealously. welp that sucks for Chuck

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

True. And so, too, with dozens of others. I can’t stand DG. Yet if he came here, unlike that guy in Yao’s time, I would embrace him.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I would hate the Rockets if they owed me $3 million dollars

bmelo likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Do the newbs even know who Lance Bass is?

I bet the newbs only know and aspire to be BTS

RasaqBoi likes this.