1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: Camby Should Be Starting All-Star Center Over Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

he's said the same things about Yao before also. let's face it the man's a blowhard.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Charles Barkley is one funny guy. Reading other teams forum, iit seems like he always pisses off every team. I enjoy watching the TNT halftime show more then I do the actual games most of the time. Seriously how many Heats game are they going to show?

3. rocket3forlife2

i just lost all respect I had left for charles.

4. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Sir Charles just looks down to anybody who doesn't have a real Championship ring. You got to shut him up with a ring.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I don't know about this comment. Yao has the sweetest touch of anyone over 7'1 I have ever seen, he's an excellent passer and he understands the game about as well as you possibly could.

He is also one of the hardest workers in the NBA.

To say he doesn't do anything that jumps out at you is not true. His grace and dexterity with the ball in his hands are both pretty remarkable for his size.

People just like high fliers. Yao plays above the rim without having to be a "skywalker" as clyde puts it, and that's why people aren't impressed him. His impact on the court is only understood by real bball fans.

6. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

hi, man, your little girl is so adorable. Congratulations.

7. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

If only Charles is playing, some so called professional writers would've put Carl Landry over Barkley.

8. silentsky

silentsky Member

I was about to say the same ;) hell, it sure worths to give up the first post for.

Congrat, man. You'll be a very worry dad starts from her teenage time, trying to keep the boys away from her:D

9. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Isnt that a joke? I thought Yao cleared it up.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

you're out of your mind if you don't think the media bias against yao isn't almost entirely racial/cultural, whatever you want to call it. if yao was an african american who went to college in the US and was the exact same player in every single way, with the exact same personality, we wouldn't hear **** like this at all.

it is what it is, and that's too bad.

if teams guarded yao like they guard camby, he'd average 40.

11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This is true. Yao is looked at in an entirely different way by fans and the media. It's for many reasons, but one is definantly race/culture.

Camby is a decent player, but like others have already mentioned, he doesn't exactly force coaches to game plan against him. Yao is not just a top center, he's one of the top players in the entire league.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Barkley gives Yi props. So all this racist theories is pretty damn stupid. And whoever posted that pic of Yao was racist right there.

13. Panda

Panda Member

Racism or not, Yao and T-Mac need to get past the damn first round.

14. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

The rockets don't do anything to get any compliments.

15. MarcStein2222

MarcStein2222 Member

yao gets no respect because he is asian. simple as that

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I think it is more about his height. People love to root for the smaller guy, and love to see the bigger guy fail.

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Yao has to figure how to overcome his weaknesses. Fronting defenses,physicaliness, and defenses keeping him out the paint. When defenses employ these stragedies, he is ineffective and it always comes in the fourth quarter. Until he figures this out he want get the respect this board thinks he deserves. It's what you do in the fourth quarter and delivering your team to victory on a consistent basis, that's how you get respect.

18. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Yeah, and Camby has to figure out how to average more than 15 points, so what's your point?

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

That is a ridiculous comparison. Camby!? Over Yao! Camby is good, but he is no Dwight Howard, he is no Amare, and he is no Yao Ming. Barkley's hatred of the Rockets has no end.

20. armanileo

armanileo New Member

Does Camby delivering his team to victory on a consistent basis?So what DH and AS? And why they can get respect?