1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: Camby Should Be Starting All-Star Center Over Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

24 Nov 07 Rox W 109-81:
    Yao
    Min Per R A Pts
    35:27 +27 13 2 22

Camby
    Min Per R A BS Pts
    31:50 -17 9 0 2 5

20 Dec 07 Nuggs W 112-111:
    Yao
    Min Per R A Pts BS
    51:36 +7 19 6 26 2

Camby
    Min Per R A BS Pts
    42:04 -6 18 2 6 2

Yao outrebounded Camby and outscored him in both matchups. I guess sometimes you can have no idea what you are talking about regardless of whether you are getting paid to say it or not.

2. gogorocketsgogo

We might be talking about the same, but I would rather say it is a cultural thing.
    For Barkley, Yao is always outside the circle. It is not about right or wrong, just the way it is...

3. Ashes

Ashes Member

Yao will never get his due. I have a feeling even if the Rockets win a championship with Yao, they will credit to T-Mac or whoever we may have paired with Yao. It's sad really. It took Yao 5 years to even get a mention as one of the best centers in the league and sometimes be called "dominant". It took Andrew Bynum a few weeks of consistent play to earn the same accolades. You know, I really wouldn't be surprised if race really did play a part in this. Look at Kaman, he's having an awesome season, arguably better than Camby's and he gets little or no mention either.

4. gogorocketsgogo

As a Chinese, I have something different to say...
    I don't think Barkley hates Yao, he just ignores him...The reason being is because, as I said in my previous post, Yao is always outside the circle for Barkley. It is not racial thing, it is cultural thing...Again, it is understandable IMHO.

5. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

I don't buy that bs. He complains about the players getting voted in because he thinks it's a popularity contest, then he turns around and votes for his favorite players, not the most deserving.

Chris Kaman deserves it more than Camby at this point.

6. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Yeah, what the hell is up with these bozos saying Bynum would be an all-star if he hadn't got hurt? Yao had similar numbers his rookie year and all hell broke loose when he was an all-star. I wonder if Bynum only averages 17 ppg and 9 rpg next year if people will call him soft, or a disappointment. I wonder if he averages 25 and 9 if he'll make 2nd team all-nba behind a guy averaging 20 and 9.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Ok, so what if Yao were white? :rolleyes:

8. kwng

kwng Member

What a joke! But I DON'T BLAME HIM after he was forced to humiliate himself with the ass kissing incident because he made a wrong prediction on Yao. That incident will haunt him for life, for the history of NBA. His hate is understandable.

9. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Yeah well I think Clyde should replace Charles on TNT.

that makes as much sense as what he said about Yao.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Playing the race card is soooo 199.. uhh which year was O.J Simpsons famous Bronco chase again?

The all star game is about voting for your favorite players. Just look at how many people voted for Yi to be in the All star game. He was only trailing Paul Pierce by a bit.

Kaman is on a last place team. Besides Barkely has sported a Dirk jersey before and he loves Manu Ginobili.

11. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

He is white... :D

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Stein is a Rocket hater anyways... read any of his articles about the Rox. He is also a Mavpricks homer.

13. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Because tmac didn't make it to the all star game, I'd rather want Yao to be absent too.
    I'm so pissed right now, either both of them or none of them :mad:

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Yao looks lighter than Scola when I went to the Toronto game last month. But what if Yao was Indian??? both kinds.

Anyways.. I used to think Barkley and co at TNT was fine and funny for a while for saying silly outlandish things, but that ***** isn't cute anymore. It got old pretty damn quick. I don't stopped seeing the entertainment factor in them after the second year Chuck was there. Since then all I see is low-IQ basketball.

15. 2rings

2rings Member

I hope Yao hears that quote. The last time something like this popped up was when Dampier said he was the best center not named Shaq and Yao dropped about 30 on his dumb a@@ the next time they played. The big guy has quiet pride. As far as Charles' comments go - stupid people make stupid comments. He is still sore about having to kiss Kenny's backside.

16. 2rings

2rings Member

Wow, that makes him as smart as Charles. Very sad for Marc.

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Thank you Mr. "Washed-up-athlete-who-gets-paid-a-lot-to-say-controversial-sports-opinions" guy.

18. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

One week ago I might have had the same opinion. But right now Yao is playing like a beast.

19. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Nuggets leaders:

Scoring Allen Iverson 27.0
    Rebounds Marcus Camby 14.5
    Assists Allen Iverson 6.9
    FG% Linas Kleiza 47.3
    FT% Allen Iverson 81.7
    3PT% J.R. Smith 38.4
    Blocks Marcus Camby 3.9
    Steals Allen Iverson 2.1

Rockets leaders:

Scoring Yao Ming 22.4
    Rebounds Yao Ming 10.7
    Assists Rafer Alston 5.3
    FG% Yao Ming 50.5
    FT% Yao Ming 85.3
    3PT% Shane Battier 37.0
    Blocks Yao Ming 2.3
    Steals Rafer Alston 1.3

How many times you see the name Camby? and how many times you see the name Yao Ming?

Case closed.

20. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

What is wrong with these people, they clearly don't have a freakin clue of whats' going on. Yao was just announced player of the week, he dominated camby the last meeting fouling him out.