1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: Camby Should Be Starting All-Star Center Over Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MFW

MFW Member

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but you are a moron. You've shown NO STATS that point to Camby being a better defensive player. In fact, as I've indicated, there is a very strong case for the opposite.

Yes it is r****ded. Look in the mirror again, and say "I'm r****ded 1000 times more."

I don't have to prove that Yao fits certain styles better. Know why? Because I'VE NEVER MADE SUCH CLAIM. My reply was to point out that I'VE NEVER MADE SUCH CLAIM.

You are the moron, on the other hand, that not only made such a claim, but is also too stupid to know that you've made such a claim.

For example, in this very moronic reply of yours, you claimed that Camby is a superior defensive player, of which your moronic ass didn't provide no proof; and that such a "athletic brand of defense suits certain styles better.

Your moronic parametres WEREN'T PART OF THIS TOPIC. They were also subsequent squirming added in my you, when you've thoroughly humiliated yourself.

Like I said, there is no argument, you are just humiliating yourself.

You have no argument. Know why? Camby DOESN'T REMOTE compare to Russell. In fact, as I've demonstrated, HE DOESN'T REMOTELY COMPARE TO YAO.

That would be correct, and very idiotic. Only idiots like you subject yourself to such pathetic parametres to try to justify a failing argument.

I don't think I need to highlight that this is the WORST shooting season ever for Yao. It is also not surprising that Yao does not have his outside shooting touch.

On the other hand, Yao also shot 42%, 44%, 39%, 46% of his jumpers, eFG%, in his first couple of season. This is statistically his worst season, outside shooting wise.

It could simply be a statistical anomaly, whereas Camby just PLAIN SUCKS SHOOTING JUMPERS, AS IS PROVEN HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

It also doesn't help your moronic rant that I've never claimed that Yao was a good outside shooter, though statistically he was far superior. But this has everything to do with your moronic assertion that Camby has a jumper, which I've shown he has none.

Yao is gradually turning into an exclusively inside the paint player. I'm absolutely FINE with that.

Squirm squirm squirm some more. So now you've resigned to just that Camby being a "better defensive player" instead of a "much better defensive player" as you originally claimed?

That's good. Admission is the first step to your recovery, though you're still a long way off.

And btw, I DIDN'T take Stock B, C, D. What I did challenge you to prove is that A is FAR BETTER than B, C or D. In fact, in post #279, I said:

"Camby may be a better weak side shot blocker and arguably a better defensive player, but Yao is a much better man to man defender."

Actually, to this day, you have yet to prove Camby is better than Yao defensively, whereas I've told you Stock A yields a better return.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

so far this season, Camby has better stats in blocks, steals, and rebounds (both offensive and defensive). not to mention he is the reigning dpoy.

so i think you can drop this now. you lose this portion of the argument.

Well, I did make the claim that camby fits certain styles better given the current structure of teams.

my opinion is my opinion. theres no facts that can prove i'm right or wrong. all we can do is speculate based on what we know.

refer to the first portion of this reply.

actually, they were part of my original contention. i even quoted myself. but some people misinterpreted so i had to clarify.

but like i said before, since i know you'll be reading my posts from now on, i'll phrase my contentions to accomodate all levels of intelligence.

I never compared camby to russell. please please PLEASE learn to read.

tell you what...why dont you quote me on that part of the conversation?

if i did compare them, i'll apologize.

so i'm an idiot b/c i have a grasp of the english language? if someone asks me a question or makes a statement, i'm an idiot because i understand it fully?

I just checked nba.com/hotspots.

for 2006, he shot a total of 26 shots behind 15 ft but inside the 3 pt line. for 2005, he shot the same shot 23 times.

a percentage from 23 or 26 shot attempts is more likely to be a statistical anomaly than a percentage resulting from 80 attempts.

i'm happy if my big man is able to knock in a jumper from that distance 30% of the time.

Camby is a much better defensive player.

First of all, he's only a better man to man defender on the true centers of the league, and theres not many. shaq, big z...maybe a few more. But in today's NBA, with people like al jefferson and amare stoudemire playing center, yao has trouble keeping up.

3. bbjai

bbjai Member

Um
    Jefferson is a true back to basket player and Amare is um a non true centre

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

they're used as examples of yao's inability to keep up with the modern-day centers (whose natural positions are probably power forwards)

5. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

No you wont, you are arrogant and obiviously drunk and stupid. EVERY person that has talked to you in this thread has disagreed with you, yet, 100 people and wrong and you are right :rolleyes: The ego on this one.....

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

nice tag. for your daughter's sake, i hope your wife's genes are dominant.

7. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Nice come back...... :rolleyes: I guess you have finally run out of crap to say!
    Admit it, the entire thread has been a compilation of your mind numbing idiocy.

By the way the only reason those typos got through is because I don’t have the ability to edit my post. So here is my edit.

8. FFz

FFz Member

why can't one of u just shut up and not respond and let this thread die?

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

screw that, let the scrubs battle it out.

i want the GARM to be dominated by Barkley Threads.
    [​IMG]

10. MFW

MFW Member

You have no argument. When you have none, I can't lose.

Camby having more blocks means he has more blocks. It means he is a better weak side blocker, which is about one factor of overall defense.

I'm waiting for you to prove how Yao is able to take the worst team in the league to one of the best, when the "better defensive player" Camby doesn't even come close.

Funny thing, that's the same claim you tried to pass off as facts.

I read it once, it was moronic. I read it twice, it was still moronic.

Now see, this is just funny. On one hand, you bring up Denver's record and the Knicks playoff success and insist that you DIDN'T imply Camby was instrumental to both and I was just reading between the lines.

Now you tell me that I'm not reading between the lines from your original post. Which one is it? Just want to have it both ways?

Yes indeed. Keep a checklist so an idiot like yourself doesn't lose your own argument (or lack of it) again, as has happened multiple times in this thread.

That's just funny. Here is the quote:

Let me highlight: "Isnt bill russell considered one of the greatest players ever? isnt camby providing the same kind of support for his team that russell gave his?"

I have to say, I'm actually eager to hear how you squirm out of this one.

You are an idiot who try to add in parametres that would never happen. You are also an idiot for adding in those parametres after you are losing an argument, when they weren't in your claim to start with.

Let's do some math. 26 shots per season, over 6 seasons, that's 156 shots, at about roughly 43% clip. Compared to 80 shots at 37% clip.

Nope, 43% of 156 is still higher.

Boy, I just love when my big man is hitting 15 foot jumpers. Wide open jumpers at 30% when guards and forwards can hit them much better, who wouldn't want that.

The last thing I'd want is my big man to bang in the paint.

Why? Because you pulled it out of your moronic ass?

That's just hilarious. I'm guessing you haven't watched too many games. Not surprising really.

With the exception of about 2 games in his career, Yao ate Amare for lunch. The guy did well in one of the games against us this and last season. Other than that he shoots under 40% when normally shoots over 50.

Al Jefferson is the same way. Last game was an embarrassing one for Yao, but the game before that Jefferson was held to 6 and 6, the only time this season he failed to score in double figures.

But wait, what am I saying? Don't let facts get in the way of your bullsh1t.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And the defensive rebound numbers? Steals? I think its awesome how you discredit defensive stats just b/c they're in favor of camby instead of yao.

Actually, my original quote addresses the structure of a team. Someone brought up that yao has had regular season success so i pointed out that camby also has had both regular and postseason success.

if you want to keep taking things out of context and make assumptions, go right ahead.

They both provide great defense. You couldnt tell from my analogy?

Like I've said many times before, the quantification was there. It was eventually misinterpreted so i clarified.

You're just angry b/c you were one of the posters who misinterpreted it.

I like how you totally disregarded the stats I provided. This season, yao is shooting SLIGHTLY better than camby outside of 15 ft but inside the 3 pt line.

i consider this to hold more weight than you're efg% unless your efg% also measures jumpers taken from the same distance.

the ability for a big man to hit 15 ft jumpers forces his defender to come out and guard him and consequently take him out of the paint.

basic basketball.

I'm glad you like one-dimensional big men. outside of shaq, how many great centers since the eighties havent had the ability to make a jumper?

I would love for someone to run a poll asking the clutchfans members if they felt that yao was the best option to guard "centers" such as amare and al jefferson.

12. earth

earth Rookie

It's better for you to claim Yao is not the best center, no one will argue with you then. :D

13. earth

earth Rookie

Yao must be the worst center in the world.
    He can't guard 1) Jefferson who can hit long jumpers. 2) Bozzer who treats Yao as air. 3) And Bogut, who takes viagara. 4)... ....)Kobe......:)

14. earth

earth Rookie

Wekko368, I am at your side.Yao can dominate nowhere, he sucks uttermost becasue he pulled LJ up in the game to help his enemies.

Give me a hug, Buddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyy! :D

15. MFW

MFW Member

I didn't discredit them. They show only a fraction of the whole picture but you try to pass them off as the entire one.

And steals? Are you kidding me? Neither of them get enough steals to make it a matter of significance.

See, there you go again. Yao's regular season success is LARGELY BECAUSE OF YAO. He is a franchise player. Camby's regular season and playoff success is largely due to piggybacking somebody else.

Yet here it is, you are sending mixed messages again. You tell me to make assumptions and not make assumptions in the same post. Same sentence actually.

Russell provides great defense. Camby provides good defense at best, especially in the grand scope of things (history).

If you really wanted to show the importance of defense, you could easily have used it in the context of such as Ben Wallace. Instead you chose to select one of the all time greats to hyper-exaggerate Camby's effects.

The quantification wasn't there to begin with. I'm not angry. I'm just mocking your idiotic logic.

Why did I disregard your stats? Stats don't lie but people do. And your bullsh1t is nonsense.

As I pointed out, Yao may not be a good shooter any more, but his first couple of years, he was dead on. In fact, in his first three seasons, he shot well over 80 shots 15 footers or more. Camby on the other hand, NEVER DID have a jumper.

I'll answer both of those idiotic rants in one swoop. First of all, you don't try to pull your defender out just for the hell of it. You try to pull him out because you can't beat him down low. If you can, you pound him down there, because it is a HIGHER PERCENTAGE SHOT for even the best big men shooters.

There are times when a big man is double/triple teamed down low and has difficulties score, but even in that case, a guard can shoot from that range at a much higher clip.

Secondly, even assuming your moronic rant is true, Camby is a LOUSY OUTSIDE SHOOTERS, making your point moot.

Please do. Let's ask logical people whether they would want Yao to guard Amare and Al Jefferson, who he always ate for lunch.

Boy, why the hell would you send a guy who has had more success against those two as anybody to guard them? That just wouldn't make any sense. We should send Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola or Carl Landry against them.

16. earth

earth Rookie

Wow, both of you are strong characters, salute! :cool: