1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: Camby Should Be Starting All-Star Center Over Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

totally agree..........
    some kind of defence can't be seen from points and numbers
    Camby is a good defensive player,but never lead the team to a good defensive team ,why should I choose him?

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I dont care if you're riled up. But calm people generally rationalize better. But if you're already calm, then your logic must be bad for an unrelated reason then.

3. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Starting Camby instead of Yao is B.S only to those ppls with no basketIQ and haters...

Camby might can jump higher or grab more rebs, but just clear the field let's those 2 do one on one, Yao can eat him alive, period! No one in NBA can handle Yao one on one with legal defence now!

Starting Camby, wait for year 2020...

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How many past defensive player of the years were undeserving of the award? Yao is a good defender...not a great one. Although he does change a lot of shots, he has slow feet and is slow to jump.

Camby is a great defender. Long, fast, great timing, etc... He's much better than yao on the defensive end.

Actually, i think raja deserves any accolade he receives. he works hard at his defense. seems like he models his game after bruce bowen. and since when has lebron ever played crucial, lockdown defense?

i remember the boston game when garnett kept hitting those 15-18 foot jumpers. i believe during those shots, yao was still in the paint. if he goes outside of the paint, he's a liability on defense. he becomes quite ineffective.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I think Garnett would outplay Yao.

6. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Joking, ask that question to Garnett himself and ask him if he could guard Yao from the begining of the game...

He can play yao well for sure while away from the basket, I'm talking down low...rewind the game tape, check Garnett's hands, both of them...

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If its not called, it doesnt matter. Does it?

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Actually, I've seen just about all the rockets games this season. And i've seen whatever denver games that espn/tnt have shown. I'm not looking at just stats. I'm also looking at impact on the game.

And since you bring up winning...denver's record is better than ours.

And how far has yao advanced in the playoffs? what about camby?

Our team defensive stats are deceiving. If we were such a great defensive team, we'd have had much more success over the years.

9. absent2007

absent2007 Member

But how you come up Garnett can outplay Yao? Dr. Rivers must be a nuts not using Garnett to guard Yao and outplay Yao and beat the crap of yao at beging... Why wait till then end, and just for that 4-7 min, you come up that Garnett can outplay Yao, outplay for what? make couple of shots, escape some obvious calls, give our star a break... K.G is forward and Yao is Center...bring some centers...

10. bronx43

bronx43 Member

Why did I say you care that I'm riled up? I rationalize perfectly. Where did I rationalize wrong?

11. bronx43

bronx43 Member

*Where

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

This thread needs to be locked. You guys are just trying to get the last word repeating your arguements over and over along with name calling.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

How are you differentiating fowards and centers? No matter what you call it, KG plays the same position as Yao. As does duncan.

I'm not Doc rivers, but i'd have to guess he didnt use kg to guard yao in order to keep kg out of foul trouble.

And those 4-7 minutes ended up being the difference didnt they? Yao had no answer for garnett during that time. so yes, garnett outplayed yao.

14. bronx43

bronx43 Member

That's what I've been trying to say. Wekko is just non-stop with his repetitive arguments and inability to drop this overblown topic. Whoever is a mod should step in now.

15. absent2007

absent2007 Member

Camby is in final before but that does not make him a all star center, Camby can grab 30 reb a game but that does not make him a all start start center, for the impact on the game, switch those 2, Denver would crush entire league... I saw all the rockets games 2, and I hate ppls in this forum not giving our star a break, Yao for sure deserve a all star start spot, stats wise and impact wise and basket skill wise...

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

They're repetitive b/c they're valid yet you refuse to accept them.

17. bronx43

bronx43 Member

No, I've already agreed with you. You just won't drop it.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I mentioned camby's playoff success b/c the other poster brought up yao's success with the rockets. I brought it up to prove a point.

All-star starters are voted by fans. But if Camby did average 30 rebounds a game, he may not be the all-star center, but he'd definitely be the DPOY again and maybe MVP.

And i'm strictly talking about defense. I know yao has a better overall game.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If thats the case, stop responding to the posts then.

You sure do argue a lot for someone who is in agreement.

20. bronx43

bronx43 Member

What exactly am I arguing? My only point, which you can't accept, is that you can't change anyone's mind in this forum, and they can't change yours. So, it's reasonable to stop this trading of futile arguments.