1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley actually gives props to Yao!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Apr 20, 2009.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

When did I post everything he says? :confused:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

post on every thread about what he says/said

3. tinman

Supporting Member

don't change sports. And Reggie Bush DIDN'T GO #1.

4. sungohan

sungohan New Member

Since the commercial thing,
    Barkley indeed said some nice things about Yao.
    Good for Barkley and Yao, haha.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

No I'm not rookie.

When LeBron James came out, they were waiting to see who was going to pick LeBron James at #1.

When Yao came out, there was a discussion on who would go #1, Yao? Jay Williams?

Same with Shaq. We already know he'll be #1. Same with Duncan.
    Boston was trying to lose all their games to get him.

It was UNANIMOUS on who will go #1.

6. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

A friendly reminder to those of you who don't understand why Barkley changed his mind. ----

In the year 2002, Yao shot EXACTLY 9 of 9 from the field (to go with 2 of 2 from the line) to make Barkley kiss the donkey. Yao's 9 of 9 again in Portland brought back Barkley's memory. And that prompt him to say something nice of Yao to avoid the same mistake in the 2nd time.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Steve Nash wasn't on that team when Amare won dude.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHO/2003.html

And the board was like this "Man, we should have drafted Amare.."

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I already know. I posted already before i could change it to Marbury. I don't have the edit feature sooo yeah. Thanks anyway

9. tinman

Supporting Member

you get my point right? Think about Yao's ROOKIE YEAR.
    how do you think this board would act? Especially when you turn on SportsCenter seeing Amare dunking on Tim Duncan?

now we have some stupid rookies here claiming that they knew he was going to be the dominant player that he is now?

and...

this was DURING the Steve Francis era, where Steve Francis was basically Tmac of today ( hailed as the best thing since sliced bread).

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wow, you must be forum stalking me. See this further proves you are the thing you claim you are not because you must know every thread about what Barkley says.

I don't know how else to explain it except that you CARE ABOUT this kind of stuff.

BTW, what's your definition of caring about? Looks like you are way more obsessed in this subject than I am. How many postings you already have had in this thread. How many do I have?

I don't know why I bother. It must make you feel special since you are different from 99% of this board + me.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I do care about this thread. I think its pretty good. It shows that some people are really not aware of things since Barkley made his bet in 2002.

I don't have to prove it, but it shows that when Charles says something, it becomes a thread. If Ernie Johnson said the Rockets would beat Portland, it wouldn't be mentioned at all.

And 99 is a good number.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Agree, and that was my point too.
    Don't call me out like that. We are on the same page. I usually appreciate your insight that you bring to this board, but once while it can be obnoxious ...

13. bloop

bloop Member

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but you really are dense aren't you. You're really under the impression that bringing up Jay Williams over and over is helping you make your argument? It's about as convincing an argument as typing out rookie over and over. Yes it's really putting me down to type out that someone is a rookie on an internet sports forum. You should be more embarrassed that a "contributing member" cant contribute any more you do in this thread.

You seem to think that what you and your 3 friends sitting around decide some new sports category of "unanimous #1". There's no such thing. Teams draft according to their needs as their own staff dictates. No one cares who you wanted to draft. Considering the intricate and lengthy negotiations that Houston had to conduct to even draft Yao it was well established beforehand that Houston would draft Yao. Whining and moaning from fans on the internet doesn't make anything "unanimous."

I have declared a new "unanimous" title. "Unanimous worthless poster" goes to Tinyman. Grats. Love it. Live it.

Yeah there's a thread for every comment Charles makes. Charles is on TNT three times a week during playoffs and EVERY STATEMENT HE MAKES gets a thread. I mean there's 15 threads every night on this board about what Charles says... because he's that important. It has nothing to do with the fact that he made a statement about OUR STAR PLAYER. Make more ill-conceived generalizations and spent another 2 pages backtracking and whining about the corrections that people make you're adding value to this board

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm absolutely right. There are a finite amount of nba teams, and during the year of LeBron James, Akeem, Shaq, Tim Duncan, everyone would have drafted them #1.

Case in point, Akeem Olajuwon. The Rockets had an All Star Center already in Ralph Sampson. Dream still went #1

Rookie.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Do you believe in unanimous #1 picks? like Tim Duncan or Lebron or Shaq?

Meaning, if any team had the #1 pick they would draft them?

Example, the Spurs had DAVID ROBINSON and they drafted Tim Duncan.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

I do.

While we are on random topics, Fran is at it again. Go check out Yao front page,

Giant Steps
    Yao Ming has vowed not to rest until he – not Tracy McGrady – carries the Rockets out of the first round of the playoffs.
    :D

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

^^^
    I mean Yahoo.

18. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It's about tinman, as always.

19. bloop

bloop Member

you're right. everyone would take Hakeem over Jordan.

your posts are trash

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yes, everyone would have taken Dream over Jordan during that draft. Two teams passed on Jordan. No one expected Jordan to be that good and it took him 6 years to do something. Dream took the worse team in the NBA to the finals in his second year in the league. Dream literally destroyed the showtime lakers by himself.