1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barack Obama Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, May 2, 2011.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Uh oh SamFisher...Panetta just told NBC that information came from water boarding...

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not quite what he said. He said that some of the suspects were waterboarded. He didn't directly say that the intel that brought us Osama was from waterboarding. He even said that it was possible they could have gotten the information other ways.

He said he was aware that the intel came from different sources, and you know it's clear that some were waterboarded.

We also know based on what else was siad that KSM was waterboarded, but didn't cough up the information about OBL until later and under regular interrogation.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He was talking about in retrospect, he said the real question is could we have obtained the same info without enhanced interrogation.

there is no question some of the info was obtained with water boarding.

The amount of intelligence gathering that took almost 10 years is huge.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says no actionable intelligence was obtained by torture. Do you dispute her?

and anyway, this discussion is for another thread!

for now!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/spX7fvU1Urg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#104 mc mark, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  5. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Why cant we just be happy? Because this is a great time for our country.

I know everyone on here dont see eye to eye with Obama, but you must really have strong hate in your heart for the man if you dont think he should get just a little credit. I'll give him credit and the people who put they lives on the line everyday for us.

Why cant some people in this thread do the same? This is not a time to argue with each other, this is a time to be happy rather you like Obama or not.

6. Bandwagoner

You guys are throwing out words like actionable intelligence. Makes me laugh.

To answer your question if I dispute her, she didn't say what you just said.

I don't think it makes us look worse if the information came from CIA interrogations.

7. Bandwagoner

I seriously doubt anyone doesn't give him credit. It happened on his watch. bottom line.

I think the problem is the shift like Mark who try to pretend Bush somehow directed the CIA to do nothing since 2002 and that obama somehow started it all back up again.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

All that doesnt even matter, all that matters is the job is done. We got that son of a b****, well thats what matters to me.

10. Bandwagoner

I agree. I mostly appreciate he was still alive to be killed.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Then talk about it the Hangout and avoid the Debate and Discussion area where we discuss things more thoroughly.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

I dont have a problem with the discussion, just people auguring over what we should be enjoying.

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

It was an operation years in the making and has the fingerprints of the former and current administration all over it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/2/seals-are-standing-taller-after-secret-raid/?page=1

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I don't think the waterboarding was necessary and it should not have been done. That's the bottom line for me on that topic.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just every single wire report over the last 72 hours.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42853221/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL -> you got that from this? Really? :confused:

17. Bandwagoner

Ok so I read those, and it never said that KSM provided the name. It never said that after 4 year he gave more info about the courier that then specifically led them to get his name.

You said all that.

please provide the source.

18. amaru

amaru Member

The only way that could have been better is if he did the "big balls dance" away from the podium

;)

19. Shooter3

Shooter3 Member

sorry to join this conversation so late. I don't know if anyone posted this video already. pretty incredible.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ze_pG6Q62HA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

WHEN IS OBAMA GOING TO GO AHEAD AND KILL GADDAFI?? ITS ABOUT TIME BUSH GOT CREDIT FOR THAT TOO !!