1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bank Teller Screwed Up and 'Lost' my Driver's License - Anything I can do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, Feb 9, 2016.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You have the right to be suspicious. Threaten to file a police report asap.

1 person likes this.
  2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Possible, but I doubt it. Branch manager was present at the time and overseeing the process once the mistake was made. It's possible the teller pocketed it and was lying about putting it in the shred bin, I guess.

TD.

I hadn't thought of filing an ID Theft report (or at least threatening to do so), but it's definitely what I'll be doing tomorrow. I'm just wondering if it should be against the bank or Iron Mountain (or both).

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's probably the one on Dorsett St.

4. heypartner

If it's on the up and up, then sounds like they are trying to avoid a service fee for Iron Mountain having to come out, and are trying to wait until their regular pick-up day, at your expense.

Bank. It's who you last authorized to handle your ID.

1 person likes this.
  5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

If the bank manager is overseeing this and has made you wait multiple days to get your ID back that's seriously stupid and you should be very pissed.

Contact their corporate office first thing in the morning and don't stop till you speak to the district/regional manager at least.

Go back to the bank and talk to the branch manager. Demand that it be resolved immediately, as their mistake is basically making you break the law. If they refuse, ask them what their boss's contact info is and call them. Don't let them blow you off without giving you that info.

File the report as well.

Do all of the above.
    You need to be way more proactive about this.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I still think robbing the bank is your best bet. :cool:

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just take it easy, the teller made an honest mistake and there is nothing that she could actually do to force the lock company to come there sooner. Ask for monetary compensation from the bank but that's it.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Go in tomorrow tell them Carla sent you and throat punch the bank manager, or punch them in the Cooter. I don't give a damn.

1 person likes this.
  9. heypartner

Have you been following other people's responses.

That's why you go over her head. The bank is a client of Iron Mountain. They can get them over at any time. Sounds like they want to avoid a service fee for doing so, and make dharocks wait until their regular pick-up day.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

3rd party shredding never made sense to me. How is that more secure than doing it yourself?

11. Nook

Nook Member

You seriously need help with this?

Be a proactive alpha. Go into the bank and speak to the branch manager.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We have a security box similar to what the OP described. We do not have a key to unlock it on site.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We have a secure box that we put documents in. We hire a company to take that box and securely dispose of the documents. If we did it ourselves, we'd have to have a place to dispose of the documents and a team to securely dispose them. Much easier to hire a service who specialize in it.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's a humongous deal and you could easily be carted off to jail depending upon the cop, part of town or time of day. I would suggest you speak with a lawyer but they'll probably be biased towards having you get all your license paperwork, though depending upon what you can pay they might be able to also push some buttons with the bank.

15. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Was she a big tittied ditzy latina? Thats what most of them are. Not complaining though.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

show them your rage!

[​IMG]

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Anyone else see the thread title and immediately assume this was a hotballa thread?

18. Buck Turgidson

[raises hand]

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The French consulate wanted my original marriage license while I was registering my children as French citizens. Halfway through the process, the woman I was working with left and a new person took over my case. When she opened the safe in the office, my marriage certificate was gone. I could have been a hard-ass about it, but needed to keep good relations with them.

Agreed. My other thought is to tweet your complaint to the bank. Since twitter is public and embarrassing, the social media team is usually pretty proactive about trouble-shooting complaints.

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Same here. I tossed the wrong documents in there once, and just got the branch mgr to open it up. No worries.