1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ban me for a week when I get one wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Mar 17, 2013.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Don't sabotage this thread.....

2. ManOnfire

ManOnfire Member

Couldn't agree more. The only risky prediction was the spurs game. Considering how cynical this board can be, I'm really surprised they egged him on so much.

3. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Yeah because the clips game on the back end of a back to back without harden and Parsons was so easy to predict. I don't get why people need to S*it on this thread now that he's done. It was fun while it lasted and now its done. Simple

4. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Just spare the guy several weeks, I will tell you it's a win:grin:

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Exactly right. I criticized the thread early on, just because we can't have everyone who wants to predict games make their own thread -- it would be messy chaos.

My mind changed not so much because the OP got some picks right, but because of his attitude when he got them right. He wasn't boasting and arrogant, he was just a nice guy who might have overstepped board etiquette by making the thread, but who made up for it by making the thread fairly entertaining.

If you watch those Rejection Therapy videos he linked to in another thread he confirms what kind of dude he is -- just a nice guy who seems to be trying as hard as he can to adjust into our social norms, and who does not deserve a bunch of flak.

6. amak316

amak316 Member

What people don't seem to be noticing is that he got lucky and started "trusting his hunches" when the rockets were on a winning stretch. The only losses he predicted were games we were heavy underdogs in. If he started this on the 7 game losing streak he'd have been laughed out of CF.

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

People don't notice that because that is not what happened. You can't notice imaginary scenarios -- because they are not real.

8. amak316

amak316 Member

I'm just saying he's a big rockets fan (he joined a rockets forum after all) and judging by his posts I'd wager he has below avg intellect. I'd imagine he'd pick the rockets to win a lot of games. He got a stretch of games where the rockets did just that. His only picks that were tough he picked wins (we were still only +1 in those 2 games) To me it's not that impressive, but was a fun thread.

9. coffeelover665

I'm not a betting guy so I have no idea how it works but if you got 9 bets correctly placed in a row in vegas wouldn't you gain a large return on your bet?

Please leave the man alone, he picked a couple of wins, stirred mostly positive emotions, and now that he got it right yall want crucify him.

10. amak316

amak316 Member

Sorry didn't mean to be an ass. I really liked the thread and it was fun. Just was saying that his streak wasn't a huge outlier by any means. There were two games he picked that we won that we were slight underdogs and you'd probably get a bit more than double your money assuming you were just betting on who wins. The others wouldn't pay so well because the team he picked was a heavy favorite.

If he had gotten his Nuggets pick correct it would have been a big payout as we were 11 pt underdogs I believe.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Member

How do you know that is DEAleck?

12. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

13. Ozzy

Ozzy Member

14. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Hello there!

Any prediction for tomorrow? :)

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Who cares? DeAleck is a fraud, his predictions hold no credence anymore.

16. TheJet

TheJet Member

Even if you only pick to win and not based on the spread, nine in a row is impressive. And yes, it could make you some money.

17. autoprt

autoprt Member

actually a site lotterypost does something like that where everyone posts their own predictions and as you say it's messy chaos to put it politely.

18. Anxiety Trooper

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So...what do I do with the goat I killed for my wizard, DeAleck?

20. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I'm not sure why you guys are disappointed. All he did was prove that he's right 90% of the time. If you could pick winners 90% of the time in anything, you'd make a fortune.