1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ban me for 6 months if the Rockets don't take OKC to at least 6 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Apr 18, 2013.

1. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Without Westbrook, OCK isn't much of a threat, so I can seriously still see Houston taking the next few games or even having a solid chance at coming back to win this series....though history doubts it. The first quarter is just an anomaly and highly unlikely to happen again. Without that 1st quarter, it could have easily been a > 10 game for Houston.

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

You must not have seen the last few games in their entirety, we had chances in game 2 and 3, blew them. Down 3, no way anyone on this team has anything left short of taking Durant and Ibaka out via injury in the first half.

3. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

woah...wait...another one? This is just getting ridiculous now

4. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I did, some bad executions, missed FTs and a lot of missed shots. OKC is just not as deadly without Westbrook as many people think. Even game two dictated that with Westbrook, OKC is not unbeatable. I don't know if it's bad to lose a series with several close games or be blown out, possible like Celtics, Lakers, and Bucks. I feel either OKC better lock it up next game or they will be in for a long fight....

5. hlcc

hlcc Member

whats the more likely anomaly, a mediocre role player not known for defense playing practically both the best game of his NBA career and shutting down a NBA superstar in the process or Durant going off in the 1st quarter on a rockets team now known for its defense?

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

If the rockets can find a way to slow down Durant, I can definitely see us taking this to 7 games by winning the next 3 however slowing down Durant is a HUGE IF and probably unlikely to happen because #1 he's too talented and will find a way to score and #2 he will get the whistle from the refs everytime he flocks his arms about.

7. conquistador#11

ok me too. ban me if we don't. but only from the garm and the debate forum. We can and we will take the next 2! book it!

if we just had an ibaka, we would have finished this series already. just one ibaka! not one lebron or durant.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If we don't win at least one I don't think half of the people on here will be back in the GARM this summer.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Jeff Van Gundy agrees with the creator of this thread

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Everyone always talks about how Westbrook sucks and is overrated and a chucker and now all of the sudden OKC can't go far without him?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will pick Durant or Lebron gladly off their hands

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I want to have the confidence the OP had in the Rox but the team has had chance after chance in the last couple of games and have not seized the opportunity in key moments. The way they Rox came out last night to begin the game was a complete joke. The Rox have had similar instances throughout the season in key games where they came out and didn't give an acceptable effort. This series has exposed the Rox and their coaching staff as not being ready for prime time.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Oh please oh please oh please oh please

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Tonight's win aside, are we just going to ignore the fact that the Rockets are playing the defending WC champs to an absolute dead heat ever since game 1?

Game 1, the first playoff game for Parsons, Lin, Beverley, Greg Smith. The first time starting in the playoffs for Harden, Asik. The first ever playoff game for Harden as the 1st option.

On the road.

Playing the second best team in the NBA.

After we got that game past us, it has been 3 straight games all decided by 3 points or less.

The youngest playoffs team. Against the defending WC Champs.

I know losing 2 of those in heart breaking fashion sucks. I could have sworn we would win game 3 with a couple minutes to go.

I know watching Harden struggle sucks.

I know having Lin injured sucks.

But despite all that, the youngest playoff team in the league is playing the second best team in the league to a dead heat.

I know I am repeating myself after saying that a couple of times already. But you need to hear it again.

1 person likes this.
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No Westbrook.

16. Karolik

Karolik Member

We're still not winning game 5.

17. HL3

HL3 Member

If Harden snaps out of whatever funkalicious funk he is in and Lin gets healthy I think we have a good shot.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Game 2, lost by 3 AT OKC with Westbrook playing the entire game.

AT OKC.

And we were without Lin in the second half of that game. A broken Lin for game 3, and again no Lin game 4.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

That's cool.

Our level of play has been up to what I had hoped. So I am happy.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Part of me wished that injury scare for Durant was a broken wrist or something. We would have been the first team in NBA history to come back from an 0-3 deficit. LOL.