1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ban Charles, Kenny, and Shaq

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I'll be smoking happy trees at halftime.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Did Kenny just say M V .... I can't say it? When showing Harden walking to Arena.

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Maybe I've missed something from over the years, but why isn't Kenny more defensive of the Rockets?
    Out of interest, was he in attendance at the recent 20 year reunion/celebration?

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why should he be? is he suppose to be biased?

no he was working with chuck for the final 4 but sent a message to the crowd.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The whole crew makes me sick!

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It's the hypocrisy that kills me. Earlier in the year everyone dumped on Harden because of his poor defense while simultaneously patting Curry on the back and ignoring his similar defensive chops. Now they say Harden flops to get calls and "no one wants to watch James shoot free throws"...meanwhile Russ Westbrook is THROWING his entire body into people nightly and getting mad praise despite the fact he has nearly the same number of free throw attempts as James. Durant had the same amount per game last year as well - but when was the last time you heard people criticize Durant for drawing fouls?

I get it - I really do. Harden is not conventional player - he looks different, and plays different than just about every other player in the NBA. People don't like those who are different. Additionally, Houston is for better or worse the poster child of analytics in Sports so liking Harden, Houston, Dwight, or Morey carries the added stigma of legitimizing something people are still hesitant to endorse.

On the other side, you have a feel good story in the Warriors who overcame a nasty falling out with their coach last year, a squeaky clean all american basketball player in Curry - who is a hard person to dislike, an admired former player in Kerr who people are pulling for to succeed...

I just want Houston to be judged fairly for their play. You can tell me Houston doesn't have enough guys who can get their own shot, they dont have a good enough point guard, the team has been injury plagued forever, etc. I can take all that....It's just very clear to me that the common criticisms lodged against Houston have a clear agenda because they aren't applied to the rest of the league.

7. Pyro451

Pyro451 Member

FAT ASS CHUCK HAS BEEN HATIN' ON US LONG TIME, REMEMBER WHEN HE SAID YAO WOULD NEVER SCORE 20 POINTS OR HE WOULD KISS KENNY'S ASS & THEN HAD TO DO IT AT HALF TIME . NO THAT'SENTERTAINMENT

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Agree he doesn't have to be (although many others are).
    I would liken it a bit to hearing someone talkin trash about you wife, dad, friend etc.
    Not saying he has to be biased, but when the likes of Shaq and chuck are talking absolute rubbish, I would've thought Kenny would say something.
    Take Shaq for example. Anytime chuck talks rubbish that shaq disagrees with, the comments about the rings comes out.
    Kenny just keeps his mouth shut (mostly) when Rockets are spoken about.

9. Garner

Garner Member

You mean hall of famers?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is now way Dwight could average 28 and 15 even in Orlando.... and there is no need.

He is sour on that fact that Dwight called himself Superman.

Both from Orlando.... he is going to be hard on him for the entire career

Barkley still thinks Rox are cheap ....

11. yo

yo Contributing Member

Is there anything you guys don't whine about? Yeezus.

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is bull**** with this fake offensive fouls

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Damnit I wish I lived in Houston cause our fans need to get louder. We are getting fuced

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not listening to TNT half time; please don't post what they say here. This is the "banning TNT" thread.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, they ended up saying nothing regarding the Rockets.

Basically was an entire segment of "what's wrong with Rondo".

Guess they're taking the approach of "if you have nothing good to say..."

16. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Well so far it's all about Rondo, they spent that entire segment talking about Rondo not being engaged in the game.

17. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Notice how that crew looked depressed? They are mad Houston will win.

18. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Lets see what they have to say about Josh Smith and Dwight dominating the fourth!

19. Asian Sensation

Barkley be like Fuuuuuhhhh....

20. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

So far no talk of Howard and his monster game. It's all about how the Mavs lost it and not how the Rocks won it. They will eventually have to talk about the elephant in the room... The WIN and Howard.