1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[BallInEurope] Rockets interested in Fernandez

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

We don't need Fernandez...Budinger is as good as he is and maybe more....

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Decision 2 on ESPN Deportes

1 person likes this.
  3. dragonz

dragonz Member

You think that slogan will net us fans a free meal at Wing Zone every time Rockets score 100+? 

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Rudy would be an awesome addition, his a legitimate SG with size, plus the addition of Przybilla would provide a legitimate Back-up to Yao...
    Battier
    Jermaine Taylor
    Harris/Johnson(Non guaranteed)
    2012 2nd rd pick

for

Fernandez
    Przybilla

Get'r done morey!

--RB

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

it's hard to argue with this. I think they are comparable players but I think c-bud is a better defender and has better size and athleticism. Chase will never be a top notch defender since he lacks the insane wingspan of top defenders, but he positions himself well and has the athleticism and intelligence to stay with guys.

I guess if rudy is willing to be a backup 2 then I'm ok with it. We can't depend on martin to stay healthy and more depth there would be nice.

6. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Get'r done morey!!!!

we should get rid of ariza in this move for a lineup that looks like this:

Brooks
    Fernandez
    Martin
    Scola
    Ming

Pure shooters around ming and scola, that's nice!!!!!!

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

martin at the 3? :(

martin at the 2 and chase at the 3 for the shooting squad. i'll take fernandez at the backup 2 and starter when martin gets hurt.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wqw you really don't like JT, do you. I noticed many negative posts from you about him.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

If you read the article closely, it doesn't say that Fernandez wants to come here. It says that the reporter thinks that this is one of his four places.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'm not so sure about his not being able to keep up with most PGs (some, although not a majority), but I do agree with sealclubber1016 that Fernandez would be unhappy as a backup. With the Rockets he would be a backup 1 or backup 2 but a backup nonetheless.

11. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

If we could move batter or ariza for I'm that would be great. Getting pryz somehow would be awesome, but I can't see them moving him with oden as prone to injuries as yao

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

We have too many SFs (Ariza-Battier-Chase), but we have a worrisome hole at the backup 2. I don't think we should put Taylor into the rotation in ink.

That said, I don't want a defensive-deficient smallish 2 with streaky offense backing up Martin. A Ronnie Brewer type would give us a bit more balance.

13. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Can we have Pau in the trade too?

Rubio
    Fernandez
    Ariza
    Pau
    Yao
    -----

Lull
    Chase
    Battier
    Hill
    Marc

lol
    :)

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

On the Rockets, a backup has the best chance of starting. Especially at Center and Shooting Guard.

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

If we were to trade for Rudy, he'd get more pt here than he did last year in Portland. I'm just thinking that if Martin gets injured again it would be great to have him. If Yao goes down again, Martin will probably be moved to bring in another asset. I just feel they got Martin to play with Yao and if he's not here, there's no need for Martin. He's got a decent contract that could be moved to bring in a player looking for a raise and without Yao we could give it to em. Lot of assumptions on my part, I know.