1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bald vs Fat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bandwagoner, Nov 22, 2009.

?

Bald or Fat?

1. Bald

195 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. Fat

45 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised woman preference thread ;)

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't know about you guys. But I'd rather be fabulous.

3. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I resent this poll because it tries to boss me around

If I'm fat you can't tell me not to work out!!!!

And if I'm bald you can't tell me not to cry...I mean get hairplugs!!!

4. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

Fat. Easily

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I can't fly Southwest, drive anything smaller than a full-size sedan or an SUV, and can barely fit in the seats at Rosenblatt anytime I have to meet customers at a CWS game. If not for the miracle of e-commerce, I literally couldn't buy clothes anywhere in Omaha except four stores: JC Penney, Dillards, Burlington and Casual Male XL. All in the context of knowing that it's all my fault and completely reversible; if not for my own lack of focus, discipline and god knows what other behavioral issues.

Even though there's nothing more genuinely sympathetic than seeing a guy with a toupe, I'd trade for bald in a heartbeat. I'm black, so my hair looks like a brillo pad as it is.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess if I have a choice it would be bald instead of being obese.

As others have noted there have been plenty of bald guys considered sexy.

[​IMG]

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I’d pick bald. Hair is just a pain in the ass. I have a very thick head of hair that grows really fast and it sucks having to get a haircut once a month, especially when someone doesn’t do it right. How hard is it to do a “#1 on the sides and back, short on top and blended in” cut? I can’t tell you how many times some lady does it and makes my head look like a gigantic mushroom. And when you finally find someone who does it right, you go back a month later and she is nowhere to be found.

Most guys with receding hairlines are getting it cut really short, like with a #1 all over. That’s a pretty good look and it’s very low maintenance. My hairline isn’t anywhere close to receding, but I wouldn’t mind getting that cut anyway if I wasn’t afraid of coming out and looking like Billy Corgan.

8. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Below average hygiene? Really? I am morbidly obese, but there is nothing inherent in being fat that prevents me from showering, unless you are from the school that all fat people are ridiculously lazy or have "let themselves go".

I agree on the health issues, but I have never had problems finding women to date (of course I don't limit myself to dating women 140 lbs and under). But I have had a couple dozen girlfriends which is lots more than most of my slimmer friends, and everything works just fine down there, thanks for asking.

9. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised "I have a full head of hair and it's fabulous" post.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not if it looks like this after 2 months without a haircut:

[​IMG]

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That IS fabulous. What you talkin bout, Willis?

12. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

This. In other words, would you rather have an a minor (IMO) aesthetic flaw or a substantially increased risk for a multitude of health problems?

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bald, easily. No medical problems caused by being bald, less esteem issues, good reason to wear a baseball cap...

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Bald...girls dig a guy that's in shape and if you're going bald, you can shave your head....

being fat/overweight, too many social obstacles...

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised Jeff vs Stan thread.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll also take bald. Less likely health problems, increased mobility and convenience factors, and it's possible to pull of the bald look as a bonus rather than a liability.

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Awfully broad brush for being so specific. Got it all figured out, I see. :rolleyes:

Since all the solutions and reality are taken out by the OP, I don't see how this exercise has any purpose whatsoever besides giving people like the above to post their discriminating opinions.

That said, I think I'd take Bald, just because I hate jacking with my hair...

17. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

i am bold and slim. not as slim as I use to be, but noone calls me fat

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Bald easily and even though I started losing my hair when I was 27 or 28 (I'm now 36), to me it is like mateo said. One of the choices could lead to diabetes and other serious health problems while the other is just an aesthetics thing. Besides, my wife never complains about it unless it is getting too long which means she has to cut it. But she will complain about the rolls of fat I have been getting on my love handles.

19. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Fat - There is a natural fix for Fat and nothing natural to fix balding.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The thing is, losing weight is not as easy as it may seem. Once you get to a certain point you do not just go back to normal. You will have excess skin, stretch marks, surgery costs, drug side effects. So I just took them all off of the table because the core choice is between which situation would you rather be stuck with.

It is easy to say just go to the gym but so many people fail and so many people relapse it is a dumb out. Plus there are just as many surgical solutions for baldness with way less health risks.