1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

....BAHAHAHAHAHA! Don Chaney, Who Are You Kidding?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by X-PAC, May 23, 2002.

1. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

CAMBY'S SET TO PLAY SUMMER BALL-- Errrr New York's Resort To Plan B

Source: New York Post

May 23, 2002 -- Marcus Camby is heading to Houston, but not to the Rockets for their No. 1 pick. As part of his rehab for his hip injury, Camby is planning to play in the city's highly touted pickup games at the Westside Tennis Club for a few weeks in July, along with such NBA standouts as Nick Van Exel, Sam Cassell and Steve Francis.

They are regulars, as are Knicks' Shandon Anderson, Othella Harrington and Travis Knight, who just moved there. Houston is an offseason haven for NBAers for tax reasons.

Houston offseason resident Don Chaney first raised the idea to Camby, and Anderson convinced him.

"There's a lot of good run out there," said Camby, who will stay with relatives in a Houston suburb.

Said Chaney: "It's great for Marcus because he needs as much playing time as he can get. It's especially good there in Houston because they have all those pro players who reside there."

Camby, who played in a career-low 29 games and missed training camp, has attended the first two days of Purchase workouts for potential draft picks. Next week, a handful of top-10 guys are expected in.

"Management asked me if I'm up here to greet the guys, watch the workouts," Camby said. "I'm around, so it's a no-brainer."

Reading between the lines here I reckon Don Chaney is getting Camby ready for the reality that the Camby/Houston talk is about to blow up in a big way in regards to the number 1. Camby is an idiot if he isn't aware of whats really happening here. Don Chaney going mad scientist is classic. Too bad Houston ain't going to fall for it. But it was worth a try hugh, Don? God....

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

camby could get injured sitting in a easy chair.

Don Chaney still looking to screw the Rockets after they
    relaeased him and won a championship just about the
    next year

Rocket River

3. knifejc

knifejc Member

Wouldn't it be sad if he goes down to Houston to play some pickup games, and ends up getting hurt ala MoT

4. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

What is an easy chair?

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Whatever it is...Camby will trip over it and self-prescribe a few gallons of cough medicine to cure his ails.

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

You are reading way too much into it....he just wants Camby to play in a good summer league/pickup games with other NBA guys to get ready for the season...and thats it.

7. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

There was a nba note a few days ago in the houston chronicle about doctors clearing Camby to play. I kinda figured the only reason this was newsworthy to Feigan was because he was looking ahead, knowing that the Rockets might be forced to trade with New York. Jeff called it a measely NBA note, and merely a coincedence. But, now, Camby coming to Houston to workout for the summer...well, that doesn't strike me as mere coincedence.

#7 ROCKETBOOSTER, May 23, 2002
    Last edited: May 23, 2002