1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Badiane to start for Opel Skyliners?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sane, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Sane

Sane Member

Well the Magic just signed the guy that started ahead of Malick last season, so I'm guessing he becomes the starter and gets more minutes... it doesn't look like he'll be coming to training camp for us or anything, so I'm guessing this is good news since more minutes will allow his game to develop... I still wish he was getting 3 minutes on our bench than 40 minutes as a starter there, but what the hell...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magic sign center Kasun

August 16, 2004
    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic signed 7-foot-1 center Mario Kasun on Monday.

Kasun has spent the past two seasons with the Opel Skyliners in Frankfurt, Germany, averaging 9.3 points and 2.3 blocks in 27 games last season. He has been a member of the Magic's summer league teams during the last three summers.

Kasun was drafted by the Los Angeles Clippers in 2002 and later traded to Orlando for future considerations.

Terms of the deal are not disclosed.

Link

2. The Hungarian Rocket

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Are you sure he's not coming to training camp? My impression from og___'s posts was that the Rockets were planning on inviting him to camp to decide whether to put him on the roster. Unless the deal with Chicago goes through, we're still a backup center short.