1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bad Neighbors (pt 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 9, 2011.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Well like I said , you're kinda fighting an uphill battle now that you've used a more gentleman like approach when it comes to "today's" youth...Im only 34 so I have no problem whippin a 20 year olds azz to get respect...Thats what this is about HF, RESPECT!!!... So if youre worried about retaliation from him or his friends then disregard "Handling Your Bizness"...But if you are like me , and have a "Do Unto Others Before They Do Unto You", then you should have addressed it more firmly ... Its your yard so protect it at all costs....

2. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Those who say it's no big deal must live in an apartment. Once you're in the suburbs, things like this become parochial. Everyone hates teenagers because they're generally loud and obnoxious. I would not want them hanging out in front of my house.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Ignore those who say it ain't a big deal. It would piss me off too. Even if they're on the street in front of my driveway that would be annoying. If they're parked on my driveway then they're getting kicked out.
    I have no problem with any of the above if my neighbors are having a party and let me know ahead of time and ask permission. In the middle of the night when their own driveway is free, no way.

1 person likes this.
  4. jae713

jae713 Member

Has it ocurred to anyone that maybe the OP is the bad neighbor. The bible says "love thy neighbor". :grin:

5. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Reminds me of when I was in middle school and broke my neighbor's fence (just one of the planks). The neighbors came straight to my parents. I went over to apologize and they gave me cookies. Took care of it quickly and never happened again. Maybe you should go to their parents.

And you can't do anything about them being annoying unless they're on your property. At least I don't think so. You don't have enough grounds by law to make them stop unless they're a real disturbance (noise, trash, etc.). I may be wrong as I'm pulling stuff out of my ass.

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

i'd be offended if this was habitual behaviour by neighbours.

BTW, do you know their 1st names/have you approached any of them one-on-one? ... not that one should be obliged to "connect" in order to expect common decency from a neighbour, but i'm curious.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Next time, work up a good wood, not an average one, work up a telephone pole sized wood, and then walk out naked to show that kids girlfriend what a real man looks like.

Either that, or just call the police.

DD

1 person likes this.
  9. Htown's2kFinest

They were making it a habit. I was letting it slide before but then they were trying to take further advantage of me and started slowing up earlier. Tried asking for a couple names but they didn't bother giving me a straight answers.

The ones tho that don't have much of a problem with something like this probably do live in an apartment where people hangout every all the time or have a really large front yard/driveway. My driveway is maybe a little less than two car lengths from end to end so people hanging out in front of my home is a lot more noticeable.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Then pull your car(s) out of your garage and park them in front of the empty space at their house :cool:

11. Precision340

Precision340 Member

It's just common courtesy not to park in front of your neighbor's yard especially when there's an open spot in front of your own yard. When they have a party going on I don't really mind the neighbors, or their friends, parking in front of my house. But to do it on a daily basis for no other reason than to do it is a NO NO!!

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Might as well hand the keys to them while you're at it.... Parking in front of your yard would be the least of your worries if they are "thugs n thuggets"...

13. Htown's2kFinest

Thats a smart way to get back at someone but I don't have a spare laptop to even try something like that. Sounds a little confusing too...

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

15. SunsRocketsfan

16. Htown's2kFinest

Where the **** is Clint Eastwood when you need him?

also it's been posted before..

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think the people who dont understadn the issue didn't read the whole post or simply didnt get what "hanging out" means....it doesnt sound like they park in front of his house and whisper to each other inside the car.

Ive had similar issues with the neighbors across the street...their friends park on this side of the street, leave beer bottles, stand around and talk late at night. You can't sleep when you keep hearing voices, cars starting, alarms going off/locking/unlocking. If it rarely happens i leave it alone, but once they started doing it like 2-3 times a week i called the cops.

You should have just called the cops every time and kept your face out of it, unless they got closer to your home....

18. Htown's2kFinest

I feel so much better now about just trying to talk to them :rolleyes:. There's probably a little beef now with the dude and whoever. Hopefully **** doesn't have to get out of hand and it escalating.

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

HF, if they escalate , you escalate!!!

20. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I understand you don't want those punks standing around your property, but I also understand that it is a public street... So with that said, just sit outside your house in a lawn chair or something and start cleaning your rifle or gun. Works every time. ;)