1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bad Neighbors (pt 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Htown's2kFinest

I <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=206512">made a thread about some neighbors that live next door to me</a> not too long ago. I'm living in a relatively good neighborhood and these are the only neighbors that are causing me problems. The thread I started before was about some broken fence panels, loud music, a stolen car radio... yada-yada. Well I got another issue.

Lately one of the teens(younger one) that lives next door to me has been hanging out in front on our driveway with his girlfriend and her car, along with their group they hang out with. I've caught them several times parking in front of our house hanging out late at night before, including this night in which I confronted them. When I came out to talk to them, they tried acting as if they weren't in the car til I knocked on the window and came around the other side where the teen and his girl were sitting. When I confronted them I simply asked them nicely if they could move their car but the guy in the car, just laying back chilling, was trying to give me a hard time. He kept trying to question me and even got up out the car like he was trying to square-up on me to fight. I told him I didn't want any trouble and that I could just call the police. His girl, trying to reason with me, finally moved the car. I asked if his parents were there, feeling like I should talk to them, but not wanting to deal with it anymore I just went back in.

Now after all that what should I do? I don't want any further problems or having to called the police or HOA, but don't think it's settled yet. Anyone else dealt this and have any advice?

*And moving isn't an option so please leave the "just move" comments, pictures, jokes and suck outta the thread.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just call the cops and tell them to get the **** out.
    Its your property dude.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are they in your actual driveway, or just in front of your house?

4. Htown's2kFinest

They park right in front of my driveway and even stand in front of my yard sometimes. All when theres usually no other cars parked on their driveway or in front of their house.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'd not have even gone out to talk to them once.

I'd have called the cops on them and let the cops deal with them.

Teenagers are stupid and do stupid things, and I wouldn't risk my own life to try to talk sense into deaf ears.

1 person likes this.
  6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Tomorrow, pay them a visit. Be respectful, but firm. Tell them exactly what's bothering you.

After that point, call the police if there aren't any changes. If you have a second car, park it in front of your house so they can't have that spot. But remember that's public space so it's on a first come basis.

7. Htown's2kFinest

I think I might just call the police tomorrow or if I see them hanging out on my property again I'll definitely call them cause I don't think their parents care all to much about what they do anyways.

Now that I'm thinking about it I wish I did justed call the cops instead of trying to be nice to them.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

They certainly don't care about them hanging out in front of someone's driveway.
    Frankly, I just don't see what the big deal is. Have they done anything wrong? Does parking in front of your driveway even count as "your property"?

9. aghast

aghast Member

What's the big deal? Were they actually blocking the driveway? If so, that's a problem, but only if they actually leave the car parked there, and aren't in it to move when you want to get out.

The teenager & his girlfriend don't want to park in front of his house? Of course, because then his parents can see him make out. Seems kinda harmless from my perspective.

You're possibly making a mountain out of a (fire) anthill.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't see the issue either. What is wrong with parking in front of someone else's house if the homeowner isn't using that space.

11. Htown's2kFinest

You're making it sound like you do it all the time. :p

But really, if some highschoollers where hanging out in front of your place every week late at night... wouldn't that make you're home look bad? And would you want them there by your cars, one of which had the radio stolen from it not to long ago?

I wouldn't like that for sure.

12. Htown's2kFinest

Com'on some of you act like it wouldn't be a problem. Like me and a couple of other people chill out on your driveway and on your lawn every other nite. I know most people around here wouldn't put up it some highschool jerks or 20 year olds doing that stuff.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Buy big powerful sprinklers and install them close to the front of your house where they park. Fire away when they are parked there. Sprinklers are on your property and they cant touch them.

Talk to their parents and tell them you have caught them having sex in the car in front of their yard and that the noise wakes you up in the middle of the night.

1 person likes this.
  14. Htown's2kFinest

I thought about just setting off my cars' alarms when they over here late at nite then having the cops come over. It'll probably wake up some neighbors around me but don't think they'll be hanging in front of my place after that.

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Why are they jerks?

I thought they were in "front of your driveway". Obviously If they are actually ON your property you can tell them to leave, but I get the impression that they are right next to your property, having a grand old time.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Hell, I would just do that for the fun of it.

No need to be the old grumpy man and get the cops involved, or tap the glass while kids are just trying to make out.

Just **** with them... Sprinklers & the car alarm are great ideas...

17. Htown's2kFinest

You didn't reply to my other comments but really dude... Why???

It's b/c they don't care that they're in front of my house. Show little respect for my place. And they act/look like some thugs or wannabe's thugs. Did you even read my first post?

Maybe you could leave your home address with a picture of your place here so if some people need a place to screw around, they can do it in front of your house.

18. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I would have called the police right away. Now that you have confronted them, the next time you call the cops the kids will know exactly who called. Might not matter but still.

What they are doing may not be a illegal but just an annoyance to you. The police would not ticket or arrest them but they would talk to them and that maybe enough for them to stop doing whatever it is that they are doing which bothers you.

1 person likes this.
  19. esteban

esteban Member

No one dares hang out in front of my house, I'm armed to the teeth and usually I can kick your ass!

Esteban
    AKA "The Blind Zorro"

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

1. How are they showing "little respect" for your house? By standing outside of it?
    2. Aww, the truth comes out. They "look" like "thugs"... Very, very interesting.
    3. If they do, I sure as hell won't be the 90 year old man that gives two ****s about some kids making out, OUTSIDE of my house. Seriously Old Man River, get a life. Go watch American Beauty and gain some perspective...