1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bad Mom, Dumb Cops...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Felixthecat, Nov 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

2. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Idiots all around.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just need some real good beats to go with the video.

4. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Zero sympathy for the woman or the 14-year-old. They should both know better. When a cop pulls you over, you comply with their request. You don't drive off and/or try to physically fight them. No, shots should not have been fired, but that's about the only thing I see the cops did wrong in this instance.

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Regardless, no good will come of this.... either the family will get rewarded for something that escalated because they did something wrong in the first place, or the police will get away with losing their cool and overreacting the way they did.

There should be a way to punish both and reward none, but I doubt it goes that way.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Blame is all on the family...just because the cop was firing shots doesnt mean he was just aimlessly shooting at something. In that position, there is nothing more you can do than to try to take aim at the tires and stop them from fleeing. You can see the cop is really hunkered down trying to aim. If he somehow aimed for the tires and ended up busting a shot through the rear window and hurting a kid...well, blame the mom.

This is one of the few instances where I back the police. They were more than enough patient with this family.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So what people are saying is if you are in trouble always keep children on you at all times so the cops shouldn't pursue you and if they do, they are the bad guys.

#7 fchowd0311, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Seriously, this mom is an idiot and thinks she can evade the police, hiding behind her children. Horrible mom. If the cop was aiming at the tires, good. If he was aiming in the cab, then he should be reprimanded. Didn't really watch the video close enough to tell, but video evidence and where the shots landed should he evidence enough of that.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Always assume the cop you're dealing with is a raging sociopath eager for violence. Then you won't be surprised when they shoot at a car filled with children because the driver of the car didn't comply with their commands.

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

The mother caused the whole issue, such a moron, but that cop should not have used his weapon. There's no way the family gets a settlement or anything though, she was clearly at fault.

11. fchowd0311

[​IMG]

lol at "didn't comply with their commands". Next time I rob a bank i'll keep in mind to keep children in the back seat so I don't have to "comply with their commands."

Cop: "Get out of the car!"
    Me: "Got children motha ****a!!! See ya!"
    Cop: "God dammit you got me! Move along."

12. smr6

smr6 Member

I can't really tell by the video so correct me if I am wrong and speaking incorrectly, but I think the cop was aiming for the tires. If he was aming for the body of the car though then shame on him.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The mom handled the situation wrong. Based off that video, I couldn't defend her actions.

Her biggest mistake was expecting the police officers to not shoot toward innocent children no matter how uncooperative she was. She now knows that to be foolish.

I'm just saying that you should expect the worst when dealing with cops. I've never been shot at, but on a couple occasions I've had cops flip out on me, so for that reason I just do my best to not escalate a situation when a cop comes to confront me.

BTW - Did he say "get out of the car" and did she respond with "Got children motha ****a"? I didn't watch with audio. Also, there is a slight difference between bank robbery and a traffic violation.

14. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

The cop almost shot one of the other officer running back to his car.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I wonder when the backslapping cadre will chime in.

oh wait, Hangout Thread.

16. fchowd0311

I once had a white dude call me a "sand ******".... Now I assume all white dudes are racist bigots.

17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

nice assumption.

can you say "narrow minded"...

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Okay.

19. fchowd0311

That's my point

20. fchowd0311