1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

bad houston sports experience #2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aboinamedray, Jul 10, 2006.

1. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

i posted during the season about being at a rockets game and people behind us telling my gf to sit back in our seats and b****ing us out.

this is number 2.

so i went to the astros game tonight with my little brother, my gf, and her little brother. we were in a pretty nice section. section 124 in case anyone else was in that section. its the dugout seats and it was in row 11. pretty nice.

everythings good up till the 8th inning rally ironically.

during the rally i got excited and stood up along with 75% of the people at mmp. well, turns out i did something i shouldnt have done. the guy sitting behind me, caucasian male about 45-55 tells me very sternly to sit down. i ignore him at first because i thought it was rediculous. seriously, almost 75% of the people there were standing.

he tells me again to sit down and at this point i turn around and point out to him that everyone else is standing. im being very cordial and lighthearted to him telling him that we should have fun cuz we're at the ballpark. so then he brings the section attendant over and tells on me, and she tells me that when everyone is sitting, that i have to sit down too. basically it was bs and she knew it too, because when i didnt sit down after she told me this she did nothing.

so im still enjoying the rally when suddenly the mf'er grabs the collar of my t-shirt and freaking yanks me back. so hard that i fall back into my seat and my shirt rips at the seam. this was the first time ive been in an altercation and so naturally i just reacted. i jumped up cuz i was shocked and started to swing wildly at him. i couldnt even think for a moment. it probably looked like pansy fighting and i dont think i landed on him but it was just a natural reaction. the only thing i can remember about it is that he just stood there and didnt fight back.

once i came to my senses i stopped and started yelling at him. he was stunned. didnt say a word. me being a 5'6'' asian dude with glasses, he probably didnt think i would do anything. when the section attendant came to us and told us to come with her, it seemed like everyone had my back and was yelling that he he me first. a random guy even came with me to the cops to be a witness. that was one of the only good things about this whole incident.

i basically told the cops my side of the story and they already knew he pulled me back first. when he started to say crap they told him that he had assaulted me and to be quiet. they asked me if i wanted to press charges and i just said to get him outta there.

its just sad that this prick ruined the game for my whole party. my gf never even wants to go to a game, rockets or astros, ever again. it kinda seems backwards that the people who dont give a $hit about the game can go watch but the real fans cant.

edit:
    yay this is my 100th post haha.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

At least they kicked the guy out, and not you and your group.

It stinks... but justice was served and no one was hurt...

Just curious, had anyone involved been drinking? ;)

(see other recent drunken threads)

3. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

i dont remember him drinking at all, and i certainly didnt have anything to drink.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

it wasn't that jerk from the palace brawl who was cheap shotting Artest was it :)

man that guy was a moron

in australia i've had nothing but good experiences with people at sports events.

people are extremely passionate though about the game itself. It just very rarely seems to flow into violence in the stands, a la soccer.

Stupid sport soccer is. Just Stupid.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Hopefully you connected with a few good swings.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So how did your GF react? Mine would have b****ed me out and said I had a temper problem. Women just cant comprehend the things that can happen inside our heads in the heat of the moment... I bet those swings felt like taking a piss after a long wait. Relief

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Well done.

Most of us would have done the same thing. (I won't say "99%" because I know some douchebag will come in and disagree saying he'd be the bigger man rofl)

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Good story and props to you. I would've done the same.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Normally I would have been the bigger man but if someone grabbed my collar and forced me to sit by my caller in front of my wife or my kid. I would have jacked him up.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

man that is pretty crappy. glad he got the boot.

11. teknokid

teknokid Member

being 5'6" asian has something to do with his ignorance i bet :(

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The worst experience I had was an old guy yelled at my buddy and I for sitting in open seats we didn't have tickets for. We would have moved had the ticket holders arrived. I'm surprised he didn't yell "Damn LBJ. Back in my day you coloreds recognized."

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can't believe this happened at an Astro game. A Rocket game, I could understand. You did the right thing. Good for you.

I've never had anything but good experiences at Astro games. People in the stands seem to always be in a good mood. When something good happens, it's not uncommon to be high-fiving a bunch of people I don't even know, or to have people turn around and laugh at my (good natured) heckling.

I've always loved the atmosphere at Astro games. Sorry you had a bad experience, but it sounds like it was totally isolated incident. The random witness who took your side is more typical of most Astro fans. We stick together.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i can't freaking stand it when i'm watching the 'stros on TV during a huge rally and everyone behind home plate is sitting twiddling their thumbs. get your asses up and make some freaking noise.

it just sucks even more that those kinds of people have the gall to tell other people to sit down. :mad:

BTW, are you sure you don't have a sign on your back that says, "I'm from Dallas"? :p

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I think the poster is the 5'6" asian

16. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I definitely would've pressed charges. Teach him to never do that again.

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Actually, I think the Rockets have a corporate policy that bans any kind of standing, clapping, yelling, or cheering at home games...

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I was at last night's game too. Sorry to hear about your trouble. Pretty funny that that idiot would throw a fit in the 8th inning when the side scoreboards were telling everybody to get on their feet.

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The only time someone is allowed to grab my collar is if they are trying to pop it for me and I forgot.

20. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

First, that sucks that it happened but it is probably going to be an isolated incident and justice was served.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me, although I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs, although my wife did probably pre-empt a possible situation once. When living in STL we went to see the Astros at Busch Stadium. My wife and I are going back and forth at each other because she is a Cards fan. Well this little guy, well little to me, starts mouthing off at me for being an Astros fan. Well he is consuming large quantities of beer, more beer then me so large quantities. By the 8th inning this guy is getting downright abusive in his language, nice example for his kids in attendance. I told my wife if he pours anything on me or touches me, she'll be bailing me out of jail because the little guy would be in the hospital. My wife decided it would be best if we watch the rest of the game from somewhere else. I decided that would probably be best since deep down I really don't like having to talk to cops.