1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Backup SG solution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Feb 8, 2014.

1. makio9

makio9 Member

Oh I already trolled this thread with my Lin love :) my apologies

2. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

LOL! McFly?

3. PeppermintCandy

I agree with other posters that the Beverley/Harden/Lin rotation is doing a great job filling up the minutes at the PG/SG spots.

The Rockets could still use a taller, lengthier backup wing who could cover the SG and SF spots offensively and defensively. A role I think the management hoped Garcia or Brewer could fill.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed with all of those that have correctly pointed out that Brooks is too much of a defensive liability and that Lin is essentially our backup SG.

We'll see how things look after the trade deadline, but for now that's our best bet moving forward.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

we dont need the perfect backup 2-3 to come in just a guy who is athletic has height that can play decent D and move without the ball.

Lin will run the show we just need a guy that can run with him and not turn the ball over since lin does that kinda often even tho he has improved. Usually a younger player who is hungry like in the dleague or how morey found bev could fill this role. Younger players can run faster and have more to prove so they will stay on their man on D

6. Play07

Play07 Member

"After playing in RGV's back-to-back, Robert Covington back with the Rockets. Likely to be re - assigned in time for D-League AS game." Feigen 2-10-14

^^^maybe they are going to just give him a try, that's what I Would do, Chris Johnson from vipers that got signed recently with celtics after 2 10day contracts is shooting 45% from 3 over 12 games and went 4/4 from downtown yesterday. Celtics fans are really happy with Danny about finding him. So we should give our guy that we already signed a shot. Covington also makes half of what Johnson got with celtics.

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Great, first the Grizzlies sign James Johnson, and now the Celtics took Chris Johnson .... Our D-League is just developing players for other teams to pickup.

8. StrawberryJamm

A good pitch to convince other NBA potential players to sign with RGV instead of another D league team.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/2/6...ign-chris-johnson-for-remainder-of-the-season

Yeah fans and rondo really like him, he pushed for them to keep him. Theyre excited, word is he hustles hard plays solid D and can knock down the 3. IDK whats going on, only thing I can think of is we signed covington before the season so he didnt want to wavie him, cannan, or brewer for james johnson (grizzlies) or chris johnson (celtics) He wants to give convington a try first. I htink morey is waiting until the deadline to make moves. Aniother thing is other teams have been having roster spots open to give guys 10day contracts etc or how pacers signed signed bynum. We have a full 15 man roster so we would have to wavie guys just to sign players.