1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Backlash Bashing Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 12, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Member

Last time I looked we where 12-9, heading for 48 big ones!!

But we aren't just bashing...we are backlash bashing for the purpose of saying "i told you so". Does anyone remember that we won last night? We aren't just bashing and apologizing; we are polarizing. The fantasy GMs are no longer nebulous gases, but are organizing into gastronomic galaxies. draftsource.net against BobFinn* fantasy league.

Are we polarizing. Is this gastronomy expanding. Watch out for the big bang!

Bash away. But don't backlash bash by polarizing players. Mo vs KT...Why? If you like Mo, just defend him. If you have to bash KT to make your point that Mo is good, or you have to bash Mobley to make your point that Shandon is good, you are going to the darkside of fandom, where people root for certain players and secretly take satisfaction in the failure of others.

Then you get surly.

The DARKSIDE. You yell at the TV and scream that Calvin is wrong, Walt should NOT be taking those shots, goddammit.

The DARKSIDE. You laugh when Malone slams on KT, and feel the pain only when he slams on anyone else.

The DARKSIDE. You hope Rudy doesn't call Mobley's number at the end of the game, cause you don't want him to be the hero. And when Mobley does win the game, your friends have to yell at you to give them a high five as you slink off to the bathroom to contemplate a Francis ending.

The DARKSIDE. You snicker when Francis gets called for palming and whisper, "He ain't no Stockton."

The DARKSIDE. You want Dream to shoot 20 times a game win or lose, so ESPN will stop saying he can't be the focus.

And the ultimate DARKSIDE. You were glad to see Barkley blow out his quad!<font color="dedfdf">

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited December 12, 2000).]

2. DreaM MachinE

DreaM MachinE Member

Amen to that. [​IMG]

------------------
    You either live the dream or you become a dream.

3. GATER

GATER Member

Good idea, HP.

Being pro-Mo & pro-Collier (and even pro-Cato at times) has been a real tough position for me to defend, but ultimately - I'm PRO-ROCKETS.

------------------
    GATER

4. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Thats one thing I dont understand as well This continous bashing after Rockets wins. Last night I new when Francis3, opened the ole' Bash Mo flood gates the support and criticsm would stream in and lead the topic of conversation. It saddens me it has come to this...and it even would sadden me more that some of this bashing is personal feelings being vented becuase of disappointing NBA fantasy leagues picks...I really hope thats not the overiding issue in bashing players even after great team victorys.

Critiquing a player after a loss is one thing, but bashing after every-win is sickening.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited December 12, 2000).]

5. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

(This is in the wrong forum. Meta-"Game Action & Roster Moves" belongs in hangout, right? [​IMG])

Bash threads always get responses and spirited discussion. Bash threads are great for lazy posters. Just post in "Bash Mo" instead of adding substantive discussion.

heyp's last "clutchplay" thread , for instance, only got 7 responses. Much easier to bash Mo than to talk about a new play. Much easier to bash the ISO than to have substantive discussion about offense.

If you don't like Bash threads don't read 'em. They're a troll's domain at this point.

Without bash threads, or the recent Dream controversy, there wouldn't be very many "flaming" (15+ response) threads. Losing the Bash threads without replacing them with substantive discussion just means less new posts per day. I like new posts. Bash threads always generate new posts.

What %age of the new Game Action posts in the last week were in Bash threads? A lot, right? I'd rather have Bash threads than x% less new posts.

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Dont blame this on me. I just wanted the Mo haters to unite and talk about him. Besides this is the first time I am going all out on it, I usually would let it slide. But we all know he isnt what we thought.

------------------
    Vice President of the Jason Collier fan club!

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

No polarizing, no backlashing, no frustrated fantasy GM. I am just stating my views. The Rockets are so close to being a very good team. Maybe I was wrong when I expected Mo to all of sudden be able to rebound and play D when the Rockets signed him. So far, he is the same old Mo, without the scoring. In other words, he is falling flat on his proverbial face as a free-agent to be looking for the max next offseason.

I will stand up and take the blame for creating this "Bash Mo" monster that has reared its ugly head on this BBS. Being a frustrated fan brings out the worst in some of us.

Go Mo!!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited December 12, 2000).]

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

I don't bash, I critique. I like Mo'...always have. I just hope he keeps playing physically and learns to pull down more boards than Mimi Me!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Five to one baby, one in five...no one here gets, out alive.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HeyP

Nice Post.
    I think the Rockets are moving along nicely

Rocket River
    Let's just win . .
    Hell if we win the championship
    someone will say
    WELL WE COULD HAVE SWEPT THEM IF . . .

------------------

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

Nice post HP

But my bashing started even before he signed his One year too long contract with the rockets..............

------------------
    In 1993-94 Mugsy Bogues averaged more boards for the season than Mo is this season!!

11. heypartner

heypartner Member

Bob* and Smeggy,

I did say "Bash Away". Just don't go to the Darkside and secretively take satisfaction in a player's failure.

Jammie,

"Bash threads always generate new posts."

What the hell does that mean? There is a difference between "recycled" and "new" don't you think? Bash threads generate a lot of recycled posts, not necessarily new posts. I mean, how many new ways can you find to bash Mo. hehe!

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

HP,

I really wish that (and cheer for) Mo could deliver and to be a successful rocket.

However I didn't think prior to his coming here that he could seriously and realistically help us get closer to a title.

I wish he could help us, but sadly it would seem he cannot, unfortunately i wish after the vancouver game that i could post "Woohoo Mo got 1 and 4 boards, great performance Mo!!!!!!!" and find a positive in that, but alas i cannot, maybe it's just me but i expect better from a starting PF, or at least as good a number as last year.

Just my ramblings

HP, just for you i will use the Nerf bat to bash him from now on....

Smeg

PS feed me more clutch plays
    PPS maybe i will get back to bashing Walt [​IMG]

------------------
    In 1993-94 Mugsy Bogues averaged more boards for the season than Mo is this season!!

13. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

you got me. The right line is "Bash threads always generate traffic."

I like reading the bickering in bash threads. I'd rather have more bash threads than less traffic. I even think its fun to feed the trolls sometimes. In fact, right after submitting, I'm going to see if the trolls are biting.

[This message has been edited by jamcracker (edited December 12, 2000).]

14. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Member

Heyp,

Were you hungry, when you wrote this post? Why are you going on about gastronomy (which essentially means the art of culinary delights)? Unless you're trying to lend a double meaning to those "nebulous gases" [​IMG]

------------------

15. heypartner

heypartner Member

With a name like Launching Pad, I bet your nebulous gases have a BIG BANG!

16. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Member

I'm sure someone who calls himself "heypartner" (my vote for name most likely to be found in a chili cook-off) could give off a pretty big "backlash bashing" himself [​IMG]

note for people with short attention spans: read thread title for that last reference

------------------