1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Back up C solution + draft pick solution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rock MVP, Jun 14, 2009.

1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Mods, I looked for the random trade thread, but couldn't find it so please move if needed

Trade with Golden State Warriors:
    Branden Wright + 7th pick in draft + Marco Bellinini

for

Aaron Brooks + James White + Chuck Hayes

Reasons for GSW: The Ellis experiment has gone bad and he is much more suited as a SG. Aaron Brooks can be that scoring PG that is lightning fast. He is the main part of the deal. James White is an athletic finisher that can play run and gun. Hayes brings that defense that GS has lacked in past years. They also tried moving Wright at the trade deadline.

Reasons for Houston: Wright is the main part of the deal and instantly gives us hieght in the backcourt at 6-11. Once noted to have potential enough to be the next Garnett. Still young, but productive in the last year. Instant Back up Center that can run with our second unit. 7th pick because we wanted to get a draft pick.

Pick either Branden Jennings, Flynn, or Derozan. I like Jennings because of the Arenas comparisons.

Bellinini because Barry is washed up and only serves as a veteran advisor. Bellinini can shoot the ball just as well and scored well last year.

Ending lineup:

C: Yao/Wright
    PF: Scola/Landry/Dorsey/Cook
    SF: Artest/Battier/Bellinin
    SG: Mcgrady/Wafer/Barry
    PG: Jennings/Lowry

Adjust the trade details if necessary

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Each time I see a depth chart with Tmac on it starting at SG I stop reading immediately the post. The dude can't even run right now.

3. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

We'd probably have to give up a future 1st...
    And please, no McGrady please. Will not play another game for the Rockets.

4. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Ok I am going to be as blunt as possible.

NO team...I repeat...No team will trade for Tmac before the season starts. It is to much of a gamble.

If he goes, he will go at the trade deadline when he has shown his stock has risen.

You guys forget that he averaged 15 ppg on a bum knee. I think alot of you guys forget why you hate him in the first place.

I can only think of one reason why I'm a little sour and that is that it seems like he gave up...

other than that...
    he played through multiple injuries and honestly might have made it worse just to avoid critisism.

Its time to stop being sarcastic and get over it. And plus, if Tmac is traded than we lose his expiring contract for the summer of 2010

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

So the Warriors give up three higher 1st round picks (including 2 lottery picks) for essentially Aaron Brooks?

They could have grabbed James White out of the D-League last year if they wanted him like every other team. Has White done something since the Rockets picked him up to suddenly increase his value? I don't mean to diminish Hayes but they already have Turiaf and aren't generally looking for defense-only players.

We need to give the Warriors a lot more than that to get that package. Even a future 1st probably wouldn't make much difference since it would be a late pick.

6. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I don't understand how people can base the value of a player on where they were drafted. Based on this logic, Kwame Brown and Darko should be worth a solid starter in the league. Where you were drafted does not matter.

Bellinini is their third string SG and Wright shares time with a multitude of players.

Hayes is more of a solid player than Bellinini and Wright. Both of these players are essentially unproven.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You're generally correct but that doesn't change the fact that this deal is highly lopsided in favor of the Rockets. Brooks is good but nothing special other than his playoff performance and the fact that he got to start for half a season.

Wright and Bellineli are both arguably better than Brooks in terms of upside. His proposal not only gives us both of them but also the 7th pick in this draft which could turn into another player with big upside.

On our end, White was there for the taking last season and hasn't done anything since then to up his value. Hayes is a stud in his role but the Warriors already met their quota for that type of player by signing Turiaf.

Hey, I'd do the deal he suggested. I just don't think the Warriors would, no matter how badly they have made decisions in the past.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Brandan Wright ain't a C. For that matter Garnett who is twice as muscular as Wright isn't a C. This doesn't solve the problem at all.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Hayes is a more solid player, but he has no trade value. I don't care how many clutch plays he makes, nobody in the league is going to give up something significant for a 6'6" pf/c.

So just toss that Hayes/James White crap out the window and ask yourself this:

Would the Warriors offer up the 7th pick in the draft straight up for Aaron Brooks?

Personally, I think we'd have to throw in a little more, like maybe a future 1st to get it done.

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

If you have watched Wright play, you wouldn't pick him to play our backup C.
    that kid is nowhere near a C.

11. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Brandan Wright isn't 6'11 hes more around 6'9 ish and he only weighs 210 and that is way to light for a center even a PF he'll get over powered.

12. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

While that is completely legit, he fits well with our run and gun 2nd unit (Lowry pushing ball + Landry/Wright would be a pretty amazing running group).

I really don't think Warriors will do this. Wright is ridiculously hyped up and though Don Nelson doesn't play him, I'm pretty sure Warrior faithful would be upset with this trade which can't be good for a team that already has enough problems.

I'm pretty sure we would need to add a good player/future 1st rounder or pickup a bad contract and give them a workable one, to make this trade work, but hell if it does work without that I am all for it.

13. worzel gummidge

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=169217

The above deal is essentially three 1st rounders, two of them lottery picks, for Aaron Brooks.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wrong, a team looking to shed multiple year contracts to start over, and possibly get into the 2010 sweepstakes will gut their team to get his expiring contract.

DD

15. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Some people are just amazing. Throw things out without any idea.

Does he look like he can play center?

16. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Why does everyone want AB out?

17. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

I def think a guy we should target is Brandon Wright. An athletic long PF might be something we need. I would hate to lose Landry, but Brandon has much greater upside.