1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

B-Ho sucks up to evangelicals, blows off gays

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Dec 18, 2008.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just using your logic. You said that there was no difference between Bush ond Obama on gay rights issues.

One supports a constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage, the other opposes it. If you can't see the difference in that, but still call yourself a supporter of gay rights, then it makes equal sense to claim Warren is a strong supporter of same sex marriage, and equal rights for homosexuals.

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

At least it's a funny thread title in a juvenile way.

3. Major

Major Member

Wait - now suddenly the person who consistently posts without actually providing any of his own content or thoughts is complaining that someone did the same? :confused:

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

[​IMG]

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think my intellect is the one in question. It wasn't I who claimed that there was no difference in the stance on the issue between one candidate who supports a constitutional ban on same sex marriage, and one that opposes the ban.

Or should I say "This word intellect, I don't think it means what you think it means?"

6. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

fo real yo

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Another Obama bait and switch

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what bait and switch?

9. Major

Major Member

You'll have to forgive him. bigtexxx doesn't actually know anything about Obama, what he campaigned on, or what he stands for. It's really the only explanation for the sheer ignorance that comes from him.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Having a pro-life, anti-gay Pastor deliver the speech. Not exactly consistent with Obama's campaign messages to the GLBT community

I guess Reverend Jackson was tied up that weekend

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what message?

12. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Put a sock in it Basso. You have no credibility. You aren't here to "debate and discuss", you never were. Keep trying though.

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Well, Warren is about as moderate as you can be in almost every aspect of Christianity, and the fact that he and his church have helped millions and have a very open door policy to ANYBODY, I would say he's a long way from being a nutjob. I would say his opinions on gay marriage and abortion are what 95% of churches' and pastors' stances are, so your close minded judgment of someone with a different opinion from you is fairly "nutjobish."

I think Obama's message that everybody is welcome to come to the table, despite different viewpoints is exactly what he ran on. Its only the people that thought he'd only listen to one side of things that are getting ticked off at Obama over this selection.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is soooooooooo stupid, obviously warren isn't picked for his political stances, when obama runs for re election, no one is going to give a damn about who preached at his inauguration

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So you're saying the gays are getting angry over nothing?

Bingo!

16. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

very well put! I stand corrected

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Speaking of sucking and blowing it's another Obasso thread.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's true, which makes me very disappointed that Obama giving this place of honor to Warren is being discussed in one of his threads, because the topic will be automatically dismissed here for that reason alone. Nevermind the very real hammer blow that millions of his supporters will feel from this action.

I think it was an awful decision by Obama. I don't care how one wants to spin it, this well and truly sucks. Out of dozens of prominent clergy he could have chosen from, he gets this guy who who runs a mega-church in Orange County and actively campaigned for Prop 8, who has a history of saying absurd and hurtful things about the gay community. Barack Obama is playing the political game, sure, but he's getting too cute, way too cute and damned blatant about it. Count me as someone who's pissed off about this.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would call this returning a favor as much as anything.

Someone told me a few years ago that Rick Warren invited Obama come to his Church (his mostly conservative church) to speak about the aids epidemic in Africa.

Needless to say his congregation was not entirely pleased with his selection.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, I guess it shows yet again just how divided on the issues we are.

Count me as someone who is pleased by this selection.

Kudos to President Obama .

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Politicians and political groups shouldn't be too constrained by rigid ideologies or superficially symbolic gestures. It might be hard to do so in the "blogosphere" but common sense and respect for other people's opinions have fallen by the wayside in our culture.