1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[B-day gift ideas] What should I get/make for my best friend?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ClutchCity3, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Friendship rings?

Asian?

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If you can get on Ebay, you should be able to find some decent used anime DVDs for less than $20. "Shadow Cowboy Alpha Star", "Ichi-Uchi Moonracer" or whatever. If you have enough left over, get a book about friendship; and write him an essay or something.

3. rawool

rawool Member

Uhh... friendship rings??? Wow.

4. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. Dei

Dei Member

Beer. If your asses are still tight in the morning, good news.

6. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

The gift of song and dance . . .

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N4R6V4RE3o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N4R6V4RE3o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's my pleasure to give you your first rep for this post.

Well deserved.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

[​IMG]

source:
    Rocketman1979

1 person likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tickets to a sport event.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

mazyars???? :confused:

12. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

This.

Buy him Rockets tickets and at least you get something out of it too. If he doesn't get your interested in the Rockets, maybe this is a way to bring him into the fold (no homo).

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yeah, get him some cheap tickets for any Rockets game on eBay. It can be during the weekend or during the Summer, where people.....

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Two words.

Glory. Hole.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I lost on waiver wires and GT5 was delayed again. I needed this thread like a friendship ring on a prince albert.

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If this is a serious thread, and I'm not sure that it is...

The best, most meaningful gifts are often experiences. A trip to a Rockets game, or something will have more memories and have a bigger impact than some DVD set that'll end up sitting on a shelf.

Think of it like this: when my wife and I first got married, we didn't travel very much. We preferred to have nice "things" at home instead, and would use vacation to be home bodies. So a typical example would be that we'd buy a nice TV rather than go for a trip to Jamaica.

Now that we are slightly older, and have taken a few trips, we have figured out that those "things" end up being consumed or going away. That really nice TV we bought when we first got married is already an outdated version of technology that we are already thinking about replacing. The trip we took the next year with friends to Vegas was a one-time thing, but we have the memories and experiences still. We look back and wish we would have had a few more "experiences". We are currently trying to make up for it and travel a little bit before we have kids.

So I think the most impactful thing is an "experience". Like I said, a DVD set will get watched and then sit on a shelf forever until its replaced by Bluray or digital media, traded in or sold off.

If you go to a nice steak dinner, smoke a couple cigars on the golf course, go to a Rockets or Texans game, etc. you will create memories that will be more impactful and memorable.

#36 Supermac34, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Whatever you decide on as your gift, whether it's matching bellybutton rings, or ear piercings, just be sure to buy some extra astroglide that evening.

18. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I guess some of you did not read the entire thread...oh well..it is the internet...no one give a damn about how I feel...I guess it is still up to me to decide.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WHAT THE F($#@&)$*Q@$#)*%^!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY!?!?!?! AGAIN?!?!?!? MY GOD, Polyphony... you suck! :mad:

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Delayed until the holidays. Sorry, sir. :mad: