1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AWJGTI] Harden MVP Watch 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Nov 2, 2016.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Harden has played with all sorts of injuries over the years so one thing you cant do is call him soft.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well that's a dumb argument because we aren't deciding the MVP for those years.

I agree that lebron has been the best basketball player nearly every year for the last decade and should have more mvps. But he isn't having the best year THIS year. He isn't playing as much and his production isn't as good as harden when he has played. If kellerman is arguing that not winning in years he should have is another reason to vote for him now that is even more lame.

Tha_Dude, D-rock and DudeWah like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Westbrook's style of play is not sustainable.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

YES! The same Colin Cowherd that just a month before said this:

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Why do people think this? If this is the presumed criteria, then why do we have the award? Should they announce prior to the season that, no matter what, Lebron is the MVP? Is being alive all it takes for Lebron to win the award? Because nothing on the basketball court shows he's more deserving than Harden or Westbrook this season.

Cash Cam likes this.
  7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Deleted

#127 DudeWah, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I was not criticizing your point. That's why I left it out, I agreed with all of it. I was criticizing the Max Kellerman's of the world who continue have such an opinion. Those opinions defeat the point of an actual discussion about the whole thing. I apologize for not conveying that well.

#128 J Sizzle, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    DudeWah likes this.
  9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I got it now. Yes, you're right.

Harden definitely deserves MVP this season, just as he did in 14-15.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I think it's sustainable.

I also happen to think it's not as successful or valuable as it's made out to be due to his mediocre efficiency. Westbrook may be winning counting stats in an eye-popping way, but his true shooting percentage is 29th out of the 31 20-point scorers in the league this year. Lowry, Kawhi, even Jimmy Butler fare better in advanced stats for this reason.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I meant physically. He goes so hard all the time he's gonna hurt himself. Harden on the other hand is mostly gently rocking in a rocking chair.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm getting pretty annoyed with "Harden has better teammates than Westbrook" narrative developing in the media. Literally no one was saying this before the season when everyone had the Thunder ranked higher than us. Harden is MAKING everyone better.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

conspirators gonna conspire

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Kellerman just want to put Harden down. He has never heard of Finals MVP. If they are the same why bother having both?

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

James drops to number two, Westbrick back in the lead

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/27/mvp-ladder-week-12-john-wall-stepping-washington-wizards

2. James Harden, Houston Rockets
    Last week: No. 1

Harden and his Rockets have stumbled a bit lately, losing three of their last four games. They’ll get a chance to right some wrongs against a resurgent Philadelphia 76ers team led by Joel Embiid. Harden will no doubt be ready for the showcase in Philly (28.0 points, 10.6 assists, 6.4 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 1.2 blocks in his last five games).

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

18. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

He is getting his jersey hung next to Yao.

[​IMG]

DonKnock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Same bullsh** logic every year. What does Rockets losing a game or two have to do with james being the most valuable player to the team. Pretty sure without harden we would be one of the worst teams.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

James back on top

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/02/...kevin-durant-stephen-curry-sharing-spotlight?

1. James Harden, Houston Rockets
    Last week: No. 2

Not even Harden’s scintillating 41-point, eight-rebound, eight-assist night was enough to hold off the Atlanta Hawks’ Tim Hardaway Jr. (who scored 23 of his career-high 33 points in the fourth quarter). Harden is still cruising along (29.4 points, 9.8 assists, 7.8 rebounds, 2.2 steals in his last five games) but the Rockets are staggering towards the much-needed All-Star break.​