1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AWGTI] Joel Embiid

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Oct 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And people compared Garnett to Hakeem. And they compared Davis to Hakeem. Don't get too strict with your comparison, or we'll go down the road of no one is comparable to Hakeem. I'm fine saying Davis shouldn't be compared to Hakeem, if you're fine with me saying Embiid is not really Dream-like, either.

I don't know. I guess it always rubs me wrong when we get these Dream comparisons once every 3-5 years, when there are better comparisons.

For now, I think Embiid is more like Ewing and Robinson ... but also shooting 3s, which both Ewing and Robinson probably would have done in this era, too, considering they both liked to shoot the 18er a lot. Like Ewing and Robinson he can both face the basket and play back to the basket, but his moves are more like Ewing and Robinson in the power department. Hell, he also looks a lot like Towns with his face-up game and back to the basket. He's plowing through the lane a lot, and has spin moves, and moves across the lane...everything Dwight thinks he can do. And that's no knock at all -- Ewing/Robinson are HOFers. It would still make him the best Center in the Game, and arguably better than Davis if he reached Robinson level success.

Hakeem was unique in the finesse and speed department, and footwork for the plethora of moves. Embiid isn't showing that speed, like Garnett and Davis did/do, hence their early-career Hakeem comparisons. Embiid's a different type on offense, so far, imo. But they do look similar on defense. He can sure get to blocks fast, and so could Ewing

#81 heypartner, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

The Man Himself has spoken.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If he can stay healthy and the Rockets crash and burn in the PlayOffs this season... Houston should considering gutting this entire team less Harden to accommodate a trade to acquire Embiid. Yes that is crazy but well worth it if you can pair Joel Embiid with James Harden.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Why would Philly do that?

Yung-T likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/11/joel-embiid-injury-news

Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid has a minor meniscus tear in his left knee, 76ers GM Bryan Colangeo confirmed.

The injury was first reported by Derek Bodner.

Embiid won't have to have surgery on his knee, Bodner reports. The center, who left Philadelphia's win over the Trail Blazers on Jan. 20 with an injury, has missed 11 of the team's last 12 games. Colangelo said he believes Embiid's pain is related to his bone bruise.

Embiid acknowledged his health problems in comments to reporters on Saturday.

“I'm not healthy,” Embiid said, according to CSN Philly. “Got to take care of my knee, this bone bruise. It's been on and off. Work out and then swells up a little but and then got to slow it down. Like I said, it's all about patience. But no, I'm not healthy … I'm not able to play right now.”​

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's too bad. Embiid hasn't even played all that much this year, and he still is having knee problems. Doesn't bode well for his future.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

wonder how much $$ he will get when he becomes a free agent after 2018 if his injuries persist

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

And this is why NN will more than likely stay there. Insurance.

Young Footwork is the odd man out.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's a hot rap name if his NBA career doesn't pan out. Or maybe Yung Footwork.

J.R. likes this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Fans always will get in all the hypes.

A month ago when the 76ers won a few games, people were talking about the bright future of this team and almost started to count the championships they are going to win in the next 10 years.

I kept reminding people that Embiid has a higher possibility to be Greg Oden than the next dream, and people were laughing at it.

The 76ers roster is still bad, with or without him, their coach is bad, no matter how many more years you want to give him.

The 76ers actually are pretty close to what the Bucks, people tend to blame it on the injuries and then over-rate and over hype the "great talents" in those team and still believe the potential is sky high.

They both suck, starting from the coaches to the lineups and their records are surely reflecting the facts correctly.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Injuries suck, dude has so much game, and so much personality.

Just doesn't seem like he's ever gonna shake these issues.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A "much better Kevin Garnett"? Are you ****ing kidding game?

How quickly we forget the complete and utter monstrosity that was prime Big Ticket.

Anthony has a LONG way to go. KG could and did legitimately play PG and defend 5 positions in his prime.

da_juice likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That is some dumb **** DD. Much better my ass. Kevin Garnett did nearly everything better than AD. Better defender BY FAR, and his court vision was leagues and league better.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wow, would suck if he's injured again. Philly really embracing the injury curse.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trust the process.

DD

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm very skeptical about this guy ever being able to put together an entire season. Right now, he's reminding me more of Brandon Roy than Hakeem Olajuwon.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What a bummer...

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#99 zeeshan2, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member