1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AWGTI] Joel Embiid

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Oct 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Except Embiid is a 7'2 freak shooting 3s, fadeaways, and doing crazy things the league hasn't seen in a bit. And he ain't even full strength.

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Dude has been injured 2 years, and before that less than 1 season in college, and before that a late starter to basketball.

He won't be Tyreke Evans. If healthy, he will be great.

3. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

That was exciting. The vibe. Only the great ones bring this energy to the crowd.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I wonder what Philly ownership is feeling now? They fired their previous GM for drafting Embiid, and turns out he is a star. Better hope the new GM doesn't F up the foundation Hinkie laid for them.

Pen15clubber and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Hinkie just quit in a weird way that confused everyone. Management was doing things he might not have been comfortable with, but "fired" might be too strong a word.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dude is a star. Will be the #1 C in the league within 2 years if health permits.

roslolian likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

The decision making went from him to Colangelo, how's that not a nice way of saying plz resign otherwise we will fire you?

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think he'll battlr for no 1 C but I'm still placing my bet on my boy Porzingis and Drummond who is being mentored by a drama free coach in SVG

Mathloom likes this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I wish he could play more minutes this guy could avg 25/12 right now if he was able to play 32mpg.

Really hope he stays healthy it's nice to see a true superstar HOF talent at center in the NBA again.

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Cousins I can see. Anthony Davis is also a C until as soon as a progressive coach coaches him.

But Drummond won't be able to do it imo. He will never be a great FT shooter and is still not as good a defender or scorer as he should be.

Porzingis is one of my favorite players, but I would say maybe. Can he dominate both sides of the ball and the boards? Embiid, Davis and Cousins imo can do that.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in before someone says Embiid has made Olajuwon obsolete. :rolleyes:

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

I feel fine about it. He has some very nice footwork and smoothness for a big man; Olajuwon didn't have the finesse we all idolize when he came into the league as a rookie. Let the comparisons happen: we should be happy that a generational talent is compared to Olajuwon, not just any other Jordan Hill or something.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe I'm just really biased on Porzingis, but I see a lot of Yao Ming in that fluidness, athletic ability and blistering 3 pt shot is something Rookie Yao had in spades.

Unlike Yao though who was practically forced to be a bruiser down low Porzingis is playing in the modern era where 3 pt shooting for bigs are encouraged. Maybe 1-on-1 he won't be ranked as the number 1 big but in terms of building a dynasty he's one of a kind in the league. A true defensive big man who can grab boards, score in the post and can also shoot 40%+ from the 3 pt line, it's like combining Asik and Ryan Anderson which is insane, if you can get a traditional center/PF like Bogut or Marc Gasol you will basically have the ultimate defense and offense, on defense you have two guys packing the paint and on offense you will leave the paint open for either your post scorers or your wing players to penetrate into the lane, no need for stretch PFs with suspect defense like Anderson. And because he's playing at the perimeter I think Porzingis will relatively stay injury free, I think big men absorb the hardest contact on offense because that's when they just have 1 hand to protect themselves and their opponents are trying to stop them at all costs, I can easily see him having a long career like Dirk which you can't really say for the other centers.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Super happy for Sixers fans. Embiid's blocks are so well anticipated here, he's watching the play and ready to pounce. Moving well on defense in the few clips where he's defending in this video.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is like Hakeem with 39 inches less vertical leap. ;)

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Really hope he stays healthy.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Haven't been able to catch a sixers game. How do they handle the big man log jam? Who starts and who shares the floor together most of the time?

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Well Noel and Okafor and Simmons aren't playing due to injury, so they handle it pretty okay.

Pen15clubber likes this.