1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Avery Johnson Believes We Have A Great Chance For LeBron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Nov 6, 2009.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Avery Johnson also is currently unemployed in the NBA after winning Coach of the Year.

3. micah1j

micah1j Member

saw that too. Was like huh? :confused:

We will have cap room for that?

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Right after that, Jamal Mashburn said NO WAY.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

While we're at it, let's get Dwight and Deron too.

6. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

What does Avery know anyways...I hope we get him but I seriously doubt that would happen.

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

PG Brooks
    SG Mcgrady
    SF LeBron
    PF Scola
    C Yao

LOL!

8. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Did he saything to back up his claim?

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know, if we could get the cap room - I could actually see Morey selling it. Lebron is a very smart player. I'm sure Morey could show him all sorts of stats that would indicate that all we need is Lebron to win the next ten titles. He could also work the 'I am the smartest GM in basketball. You're the best player in basketball. Let's get married' angle.

I'm just not so sure we could come up with anywhere near the cap space required to sign Lebron. Though, if it was a viable possibility at all, I'm sure Morey would find a way to make it happen. (maybe?)

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There is no way that would be possible. Some of those guys would likely have to go in order to clear cap room for Lebron.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Houston is no small lil market.

Say we have a good year with these guys on the floor and enough space...don't you all think we'd be better built to contend then the Knicks or the Nets and the Cavs?

Insert Lebron James with Yao and the rest of these guys, you don't think that's a contending team?

Lets not forget the Rockets are one of those classic NBA team and a larger market than Cleveland.

I say it's unlikely because I doubt we'll have the cap, but it definitely isn't impossible for us to get Lebron or Wade.

12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Wow. I won't be able to sleep tonight just thinking about the King playing for the rockets.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Missed it. Anyone care to recap? BTW, thanks in advance. Though, I don't think it'll happen due to all the players you would have to renounce.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also Lebron said the most important thing to him is Winning.

I think ESPN is just blowing up the whole he wants to play for NYC or a big market...because that's what ESPN wants to see.

Lebron said just recently...on their broadcast...that if he's not playing for a winner he's just wasting his time.

Unless the Knicks get more cap space, sign another big name WITH Lebron that is the only way I see him go there. Right now the Knicks on their way to 1-5 and remember...the friggin UTAH JAZZ has their FUGGIN #1 DRAFT PICK...(So the Jazz very well could be drafting John Wall or whoever)

Either way if the Cavs and Heat suck in the playoffs you can expect both players to seriously consider going elsewhere...especially Wade.

15. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

What did he say exactly?

I hope the Cavs tank this season and LeBron walks. Perfect timing for Shaq to retire.

16. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i head this as well.

my thoughts?

w
    t
    f
    ?

:confused:

17. dero72

dero72 Member

even if the ROX had the $$$ to snag him...why would he come to Houston...as opposed to the other choices he has?

he grew up around cleveland....

and then there's that other place....the cultural center of the planet.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

A Houston Rockets fan can dream...

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

The LeBron to New York love fest in nauseating. The fact of the matter is that New York didn't make themselves as attractive an option as they had hoped to be. They still aren't very good and I'm not even sure they cleared as much cap space as they wanted.

The other thing is that honestly I'm not sure that him going to New York would be the best use of his talents. D'Antoni doesn't emphasize rebounding or attention to defense. Those are two talents that LeBron won't be using.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Because he would want to win. Cleveland's utter trash without him,and New York is not recovering from the destruction from the Thomas years for at least a year. Houston at minimum is deep and has the role players that the other two can't provide. That said, there is no stinking way Lebron will come here, but it's just a nice thought.