1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Available Wing Players: Shooters & Defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, May 17, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

That's only for players who have played in the league for under 2 years. Parsons will have played 4 years and will be eligible for a max contract

2. faraza84

faraza84 Member

S jax as a backup sg/sf.

For the 4 spot I'd send a lot of assets ilayasova.
    I'm positive bucks match b Jennings and its gonna be high so I'm sure with sanders developing and Henson showing flashes he could be acquired for moti, jones and someone else

3. yobod

yobod Member

Ahh, OK then. My point still stands then:

Kevin Martin: $12M
    Kris Humphries: $12M
    Ben Gordon: $12M
    Luol Deng: $13M
    Andre Igoudala: $15M
    Hedo Turkgalu: $12M
    Jose Calderon: $11M
    Corey Maggette: $11M
    Nicolas Batum: $11M
    Richard Jefferson: $10M
    Stephen Jackson: $10M

Someone will offer Parsons 5 years, 50M.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

If we dont pickup Tony Allen or Dahntay Jones, I will be very very very disappointed.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

To be prefectly honest, I'd let Delfino walk for Kover. That white boy is lights out from 3.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Other than Martin, this list is incredibly underwhelming:confused:.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Truth is, they should try to work something out with Garcia.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

We AREN'T in win mode now. Almost all of our players are at the developmental stage in their careers. We still need a 2nd star, and for our current players to mature. Signing Tony Allen is fine, so long he doesnt impede our ability to win in the future.

I would venture a guess that we probably have another two years before we truly go all in for a championship. In other words, Morey has two years to get that 2nd star. That also happens to be when Asik, Lin and Parsons contracts are up.

9. yobod

yobod Member

I think Delfino has another year left ($3.5M), Garcia is a free agent.

10. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Delfino has a team option this summer that will almost certainly be declined after his injury in the playoffs. Also, Garcia is not a FA, though he will be insofar as he's in the same boat as Delfino. And if the Arenas rule doesn't protect Parsons, then yeah we could pay him 5/50 but Les wouldn't hesitate to do that. He has never shown in the past a reluctance to pay the tax if it makes the team better on the whole. That was my 2nd arg, which went ignored.

11. yobod

yobod Member

My initial thought was that Stephen Jackson would be a great fit, but then looking at his stats he's averaging 27% three point shooting last 3 years.

2012-2013 Three Point %
    Stephen Jackson: 27%
    Carlos Defino:37%
    Francisco Garcia: 37%
    Mike Dunleavy: 43%
    Kyle Korver: 46%
    Jose Calderon: 46%
    Martel Webster: 42%

Martel Webster and Mike Dunleavy would be great fits for us.

12. Korver167

Korver167 Member

I think that I know who I want the Rockets to sign...

13. nebula955

nebula955 Member

If we could get Reddick cheap that would be a win.

14. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

No one wants Brewer? Don't think they're gonna let Allen get away. After a team makes a deep run, they usually lock up all their rotation guys. Like look at the Thunder last year, oh wait haha.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

He has only paid the tax in one extraordinary year when there was no financial benefit for teams to stay under. The Rockets were marginally over and had a lottery season too.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

first of all im glad someone finally made a thread about this. we need better perimeter shooting and perimeter defense. though they're capable of playing good defense, harden, lin, and parsons are too focused on the offensive end to be lockdown defenders. and we dont have any pure shooters, guys that can hit an open shot 9/10 times. we miss a lotta open shots.

nick young is perfect for us. sf/sg, good on both ends. in 10-11 he was turning into a promising shooter, then injuries and switching teams slowed him down. the market shouldnt be high for him. he wants a long contract but needs to prove himself before, so he can get his chance with houston. a 6-8m 2 year deal, 2nd team option. morey should go hard after him

after him there's a bunch of good offense/defense combos the rockets have a shot at, but none of them are perfect

corey brewer - ok shooter
    toney allen - no spacing
    mike dunleavy - underrated, but more of a system defender
    marco belineli - inconsistent
    foye - undersized when he defends sfs
    d wright - inconsistent
    anthony morrow - good offense, ok defense
    stephen jackson - old and could be expensive
    w green - undersized for sf
    pietrus - declining, but low risk-high reward player

we need a defender with size. lin and bev are more than good enough to defend the pgs or smaller sgs. we need a 7'6 guy at least who can defend the bigger scoring wings like melo, durant, bron, rudy, rudy, etc.

i dont think we have a shot at getting reddick or korver. they're gonna get big offers we cant come close to.

17. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

If Rockets can get Dunleavy, Allen and Dwight then they're a major contender for a title.

Lin/Beverly
    Harden/Allen/Dunleavy
    Parsons/Dunleavy
    T.Jones/Asik
    Dwight/Asik

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

If Parsons performs on the same level or higher over the next two years, your selling him way short.

Someone will give him the max 5/65.

19. yobod

yobod Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6466/chandler-parsons

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3416/nicolas-batum

Batum and Parsons are identical in every statistic, age, and size. Batum also shoots 10% better from the free throw line and his salary is $10.8M. I don't think any team will give Parsons max $13M (max) but who knows. A team like Orlando where he would fill the seats in his hometown could do it.

20. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Reddick want 7M/year, and 3 years contract.
    We may only offer one year contract