1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Available nba coaches

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Skanookie, Dec 30, 2008.

?

Who can fit Adelman Shoes?

1. Hakeem and Clyde

15 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Mike Fratello

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Avery Johnson

28 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. Pat Riley

30 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Magic Johnson

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  6. Sam Mitchell

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Pj Carmesmo

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Hubie Brown?

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

We interviewed him to replace Rudy, Les meeting with him personally, and it was a no-go. Could be that Les walked away knowing he wasn't going to be on the same page as what they wanted, so no need to revisit the idea again.

I haven't been pro-Brown since his days with Indiana. He's proven time and again to be disloyal to his players and to the teams. His ridiculous habit of trading away any and all players that look at him wrong (and then trading away the new players he gets 6 months later) is disruptive and detrimental. His penchant for overburdening his point guards to the point they want to go postal also isn't a real plus.

He does great work with young, loser teams that need to be molded by a strong authority figure (the Wolves would have been a good fit), but once the team starts to do well, his act gets old extremely fast.

Evan

2. ibm

ibm Member

true in the past. not the case in charlotte so far.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Agreed, but he is only a couple months in. Not surprisingly he kicked out Jason Richardson (not one of his "kind" of players) and there's not much you can do with such a crummy roster of low-skill players.

He also bombed in NY badly, thanks to his failed attempt to sabotage Isiah Thomas and take over as Coach-GM-President.

Evan

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

RUDY T. He will bring the rings back to Htown!

5. sleepyassassain

6. Raven

Raven Member

The problem is not our coach.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

this thread sucks donkey ****

8. R0cketC1ty123

R0cketC1ty123 Member

HOW ABOUT TOM THIMBODEU

9. bjshot

bjshot Member

I missed coach JVG. He will not allow Rockets lose to clippers/memphis/golden state and washington. i kind of lose interest in watch rockets game because they didn't play hard.

10. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Amen. I notice the poll doesn't have a "None of the above" option. That's were I'd put my "x"! ;)

Your post had a pretty good analysis. I'd only disagree with the Skiles/Silas part. Personally, I'd easily rate Eddie Jordan (late of the Agent 0-less Wizards) above either of them.

Only if he brings both KG AND an offensive coordinator with him. And then maybe only if he agrees to NOT start Chuck Hayes since Thibodeau has already called Hayes "more valuable than Garnet".

They interviewed him and made him an offer before hiring Van Gundy. Over the weekend before the Rockets could sign him, Detroit upped the ante by about $5m/year. The Rockets were still paying Rudy T so backed off of spending $10m-$12m in combined salaries.

12. The Brian

The Brian Member

is this some kind of joke!?

firing adelman = artest going nutty.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nice rundown :D I like Addledman over the rest of the options so I didn't vote. Contrary to what most people think there are very few good coaches in the NBA, and despite his mental-midget and player-loyalty-bordering-on-stupidity-tendencies Adelman's positives still outweigh his negatives. Frattello is probably the best choice out of the above, and Adelman's still better than him.

I'd gladly send Adelman packing for any of the Gundy brothers or Silas though, especially if they come with powerhouse assistants (ala Thib). For some reason Silas strikes me as someone who just got power-played during his coaching stint.

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Avery believes in no defense, and Riley's only success was with Magic and Kareem, he is overrated. Miami won their championship cus of Gundy not Riley.

15. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Rudy T would be a good fit, especially if you want to build around Yao, even though Yao is not Dream